Thread: Temporary Lighting Button

New User

Question Temporary Lighting Button

Hi All, I just recently upgraded my tank lights from a current orbit marine to 2 Kessil A360WEs. Ive been having a blast on the forums learning everything I can do with these lights and my apex. Ive decided for the time being to use the wizard to control my lights and have set up my graph (hopefully wont burn my corals acclimating to new lights). I have been having a hard time finding and setting up a way to temporarily change my lights to "Show Off" my corals, by increasing intensity and turning to full blue with the press of a button. Over the past hour Ive searched this forum, which is great by the way, and the only thing ive found dosent seem to be working.

Ive set up 2 Profiles:

ShowColor
    Type Ramp
    Ramp Time:1
    Start Intensity: 10
    End Intensity: 00

ShowInt
    Type Ramp
    Ramp Time:1
    Start Intensity:98
    End Intensity:100

I then added the lines
    If FeedB 000 ON Then ShowColor
    If FeedB 000 ON Then ShowInt

In their respective Output Configs

After saving the changes I go back to check them and they are both changed to
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF

Any advice or pointing in direction of helpful thread?

Thanks in Advance!
    Klatt

You have improper syntax. Remove the ON from those lines. It should be:

If FeedB 000 Then ShowColor
    If FeedB 000 Then ShowInt
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    OK thanks!

New User
    Is there a way to set profiles up to different variable speed switches in apex fusion that will change the radion override profiles?

for example. we setup a variable speed (Base_Var2) outlet and Create a profile called "All_Blue". In the Radion outlet can you say if Base_Var2 = on then profile "All_Blue". Much like the "feedB" example above?

Quote Originally Posted by DRJETT View Post
    Is there a way to set profiles up to different variable speed switches in apex fusion that will change the radion override profiles?

for example. we setup a variable speed (Base_Var2) outlet and Create a profile called "All_Blue". In the Radion outlet can you say if Base_Var2 = on then profile "All_Blue". Much like the "feedB" example above?
    Yes and no. You can override using a virtual outlet, but don't use the varspd outlets

New User
    yep after I posted this I did some more research and found the same thing. I am going to give it a shot once I get home. thanks for responding.

New User
    I currently have my Blue lights adjusted through the feed mode like mentioned above, where you able to figure out or can anyone send me the lines (wording) for using a Virtual Outlet? I have a VO added on my fusion just need to know how to link the Profiles and the VDM files together to have the VO work

Quote Originally Posted by Lucaszoll65 View Post
    I currently have my Blue lights adjusted through the feed mode like mentioned above, where you able to figure out or can anyone send me the lines (wording) for using a Virtual Outlet? I have a VO added on my fusion just need to know how to link the Profiles and the VDM files together to have the VO work
    What exactly are you wanting to do? Are you trying to use a VO as a control to activate a profile on demand, instead of using a Feed Cycle? If so:

[ VOname ]
    Set OFF

[ Blue ]
    {your existing programming}
    If Outlet VOname = ON Then profile-name

Jst set the VO to manual ON when you want to override your regular lighting programming with the specified profile, then turn it to OFF or Auto when no longer wanted.

BTW, when asking for modifications or enhancements like this to existing programming, it's always best to:

1) Explain your goal or desired end result.
    2) Post your existing programming so that we can give you more specific help than just giving generic examples.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank you RussM,
    What you said worked no problem. I will better explain myself next time. I had the lights Brighten like mentioned above in the original post. Using the VO will be much easier. Thanks again for your knowledge on the apex system.

Regular Vistor
    What I just did was very easy. I have Radions, so I went to profiles and used the wizard to create two Radion profiles.

The first was UV and Royal Blue at 100%, everything else at zero. I put overall intensity at 80%. This was named Light_Blue.
    The second was for photographing the tank. I basically needed to have a better level of light, so I put it at 12k by putting all lights at 100%, then overall intensity at 60%. I named this profile Light_Photo.

I then went into my Radion programs, clicked the gear at the top right for Configuration, went to the Advanced tab and entered the following code:
    If FeedB 000 Then Light_Blue
    If FeedC 000 Then Light_Photo

This was a very little code and uses the feed profiles to change the lights quickly for me.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbull View Post
    What I just did was very easy. I have Radions, so I went to profiles and used the wizard to create two Radion profiles.

The first was UV and Royal Blue at 100%, everything else at zero. I put overall intensity at 80%. This was named Light_Blue.
    The second was for photographing the tank. I basically needed to have a better level of light, so I put it at 12k by putting all lights at 100%, then overall intensity at 60%. I named this profile Light_Photo.

I then went into my Radion programs, clicked the gear at the top right for Configuration, went to the Advanced tab and entered the following code:
    If FeedB 000 Then Light_Blue
    If FeedC 000 Then Light_Photo

This was a very little code and uses the feed profiles to change the lights quickly for me.
    I just got my new Radion XR 30 pros And using WXM module.

This is exactly what I would like to do. I have my current working light profile installed and running. I'm new to Fusion and I'm not sure where to Add the extra profiles?

Click the Profiles button on the APEX Fusion dashboard. It looks like a file folder.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Russ. I was trapped in the lighting wizard and was sure I was missing something new. For my purposes this was a very simple solution for a quick demo of the tank Lights.

Regular Vistor
    So I would like to do the same thing. I would like to create a virtual outlet that I can turn on manually when I want to show off coral. I have already created the two profiles for color and intensity but I don't know how to make those work with the outlet. How do I program the outlet? I'm confused about this part;

[ Blue ]
    {your existing programming}
    If Outlet VOname = ON Then profile-name

What is the [Blue] part and is the programming in the VO? Any help would be appreciated.

Regular Vistor
    Never mind I figured it out and will try to lay it out for anyone else with Kessils that want to do this;

First you need to create two profiles, one for the color channel and one for the intensity channel.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 9.14.37 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 9.14.48 AM.jpg

Then you need to create a Virtual Outlet and name it (Coral_Show)
    Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 9.17.52 AM.png

The you need to add the programming line in your color and intensity channel
    Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 9.19.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 9.19.36 AM.png

It works great and thanks for all the help supplied in this forum, the controller can do so many things. Its great to have a place to figure out how to do all those things.

New User
    Great stuff, thanks for this Martyadamo!!

Regular Vistor
    no problem, hope it helps someone out. I know I'm still trying to figure out the programming.

New User
    what i'm trying to figure out is how to disable the program running during the day if i want to activate a profile that is less intense then my schedualed lights. for example if my schedualed lights are at intensity 70% and i activate a profile that is 20% intense nothing happens as the schedualed lights are priority with my programcurrently.

this is my program on my radion g4s

Fallback OFF
    tdata 12:15:00,0,0,0,20,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 13:09:00,0,2,19,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,0,0
    tdata 15:36:00,0,0,27,49,53,17,17,0,49,100,0,0,0
    tdata 17:54:00,0,1,34,75,75,100,100,100,75,75,100,0,0
    tdata 19:45:00,0,2,40,78,10,23,27,46,45,97,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    If Output Stormy = ON Then storm
    If Output lights_day = ON Then yellow
    If Output Show_lights = ON Then show

if i activate output stormy which is a very dim light but my program is currently running a 70% intensity light nothing will happen. but if i activate "show_lights" which is a brighter setting then my graph program is running i will see a difrence.

any suggestions i'm pretty new at this, my 2nd day with apex

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Those of you with Kessils, I think you are over-complicating this. On your fusion dash, just switch the color outlet to manual OFF and the intensity outlet to manual ON. If you want to set a feed timer, just use the terms OFF and ON instead of creating additional profiles. OFF and ON will result in 0 or 100% intensity respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles