Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having issue with one WAV pump

New User

Having issue with one WAV pump

Received my starter kit today in the mail, got the firmware updated to the most recent version, and hooked up the 1Link and 2 WAV pumps. These things have some flow!

My issue is, one pump appears to be running accordingly, but the other cuts on and off in random intervals. These pumps are placed directly across from each other on opposite ends of the tank. Tank is a standard 120g. I have the FLO Tile(s) on my dashboard in fusion, along with the WAV outlets. The FLO tile was set for 120g, and is reading around 3.2 currently, as the pump I'm having issues with is currently switched off to keep the lawnmower blenny from getting inside there when it cuts off.

Both WAV Tiles read "OK" at all times.

I'm sure I'm the issue here somehow... LOL

Oh, and pretty cool forum! First time posting!

Post a screen shot of pumps programming .
    Alain

New User

Having issue with one WAV pump

pump with issue. Issue persists regardless of operation mode if that helps.

Pump that appears to be running correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which one is giving you issues ?
    Alain

New User
    First screen shot

If you set a profile constant on the first one at 50% and remove all the inverse point does it run ok ? Also the FLO tile should be set for the NET water volume ( tank volume less live rocks ) in the tank less water volume in the sump .
    Alain

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    If you set a profile constant on the first one at 50% and remove all the inverse point does it run ok ? Also the FLO tile should be set for the NET water volume ( tank volume less live rocks ) in the tank less water volume in the sump .
    Gotcha. I'll get the flo tile changed for the volume. I appreciate the info. Once I get home, I'll get the profile set according to your direction and see if that changes the issue for the better.

I appreciate your help!

Also remember that the INVERSE mode will reflect the programming of the master pump but in a REVERSE way , when the master is high the slave is low and vice-versa . If you want the slave pump to follow exactly the master pump profile , it should be set at inverse 100 % , otherwise it will go as this : ex inverse 50 % X master 30 % = slave running at 15 % power .
    Alain

New User
    Gotcha.

New User
    Sorry for jumping in on your thread but I am having a similar issue. Just got the pumps this week and put them in last night. Did all the updates and installed no issues. One pump is running fine, can change the program and it changes but the other pulses in stages. Bunch of short on cycles and then one longer on, the off period seems the same. Also, if I remove that pump from the magnet and take it out of the water it continues to do the same thing. Curious to know if your pump runs out of the water as well. Is there a reset I can do? Should I post a new thread?

Have you upgrade the pump firmware upon installation ? Post a screen shot of the module set up pages showing the pumps and 1Link status .
    Alain

New User
    I followed the installation instructions exactly. Updated my firmware, then once the 1link and wavs were hooked up, I updated all three in order as they appeared. I hope that is the screen you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All look right regarding firmware , have you set the alarm for the pumps ? If not , you should . Concerning the erratic acting pump , does it respond correctly ON-OFF ? Have you tried to set a constant programming around 15-20% , what is the pump behavior with this test programming ?
    Alain

New User
    I did not shut off the alarms and I believe I read that they were all on by default. I can shut it off and it goes off. Have not turned it to on, just on auto. I set the first pump for constant going from 2% to 22% as it is only a 75 gal tank. Got these because we are looking to upgrade to a 300-400 gal. I copied the program from the first pump to the second but it just pulsed. I changed the program around and the pump did not change.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you uploaded the programming to each pumps and confirm that it was registered in the controller ?
    Alain

New User
    I uploaded the programs and got the message that it was successfully sent. How do I check to see if the program is registered at the controller? The other thing was, when I had the pump on auto with that program, on the dashboard it would say it was running at 33%. It does not get that high in my program and that was at 11pm last night when it should have been around 5%. Should the pumps shut off when taken out of the water? This one does not. I have not tried the other but that is what they say they should do.

Yes they will go off after a couple of second when pulled out of the water . PM me regarding this .
    Alain

New User
    Sorry, how do I pm you?

Click on my name and you will be able to PM me .
    Alain

Regular Vistor
    My slave pump is doing this as well. It just turns on and off at times, regardless of how I have it programmed. Any advise is appreciated. I followed the above advise but still having this issue.

Try to interchange them as far as programming is concerned , set the master as the slave and vice-versa . It might help isolate the issue to the pump or the programming .
    Alain

Regular Vistor
    I have them independently programmed and it is still randomly turning off/on at various - random times. No Mirror, inverse, back set on the slave. Odd stuff....

Set a constant 15 % programming on the faulty pump with only 2 point : 00:00 and 23:59 , upload and set to AUTO . Still faulty ? Firmware OK ( latest version ) ?
    Alain

Both of you having this issue should open support tickets.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for trying to help B. That did not work either. I have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast