Thread: No way to access Apex

New User

No way to access Apex

I came home tonight and everything on my tank was off. I looked inside and the black control box is black, no power/no display. The Apex module shows a green status light, but my power bar and all my other modules are flashing yellow. Fusion cannot connect and Apex dashboard will not connect. I have no way to communicate with the system and cannot do a reboot because I have no way of getting to the system. I have unplugged the power bar, I have disconnected every USB, I have unplugged the black control box and moved every wire and cable to a different location. Nothing. Any suggestions?

Update the firmware.

New User
    How do I update it when I can't access the system? As I stated in my original post I have no display on the control box. I can't do it manually and I can't do it via computer, unless there is some other way to get into the system.

If you have removed all power from the Apex and then reconnected it, you have rebooted the Apex base.

Do a firmware recovery as zombie suggests by following the 4th bullet in this sticky post: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ating-firmware
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I have this same problem and have tried to connect to my apex to update the firmware but have had no luck. I also don't seem to be able to connect directly to the unit via a laptop. I followed all the steps in the how to connect directly to laptop except for the steps 2,3,4 because my display is not functioning. I have tried to use the ip that the unit is supposed to default back to 192.168.0.50 but that also doesn't work. Any ideas guys?

Try connecting to your router. Log into your router and see if the ip address of the apex shows up in the "connected devices" list. Chances are you have DHCP enabled and the ip address is not the default one.

New User
    Yeah I have tried that last night as well Zombie cheers mate. Neptune have just got back to me with a different reset firmware and an ip address for me to try so fingers crossed that sorts it out.

New User
    I am still trying. I have attempted to update the firmware, which was already updated in August, but it keeps timing out. I have tried a direct connection to my Mac, using the instructions for doing so, and the connection is refused. I am trying to run down the list of turning things off, unplugging peripherals, etc, etc.... Will keep you posted. In the mean time no automatic feeder which means fish are getting veeerrryy hungry, or so they think, when I am gone during the day. I love the technology but when it goes south, OH BOY!