Thread: Apex Jr Module Expansion With 4.40 Firmware Update?

Apex Jr Module Expansion With 4.40 Firmware Update?

Hi Everyone,

I purchased the Apex Gold package for my large reef tank build and I'm seriously considering purchasing an Apex Jr. to control may nano. I am a control nut, so I plan on using it to control must (if not all) of the parameters that it is capable of.

My question is two-part:

1. First, I would like to request confirmation that the Apex Jr is now expandable to 7 modules (+ display) vice the prior limit of 4 modules (+ display) thanks to firmware version 4.40.

2. Is there any constraint or limitations on which modules that the Apex Jr. will or will not support (that is, PMK, WAV, DOS, multiple pH/temp probes, etc)?

With the free upgrade via firmware version 4.40 to increase the number of modules that can now be used with the Jr, well heck, I'm just about sold! I just wanted to confirm that it's capable of running 7 modules now without regard as to type or multiples of the same.

What an awesome thing for Neptune to do for us reefers... Bravo Zulu Neptune! You have enjoyed great customer loyalty because of the quality of your products for many, many years and have rewarded us for that with this added functionality. How rare and most welcomed that is, thank you so much!

I read about it in the thread that delineates firmware version 4.40's changes and updates, but have noticed that your websites description of the Apex Jr has been updated to reflect the change (it still states a limit of 4 modules) nor do any of the retail company's sites (i.e.- Marine Depot, BRS, Dr Foster and Smith, etc) that I have looked at recently.

It sounds like a terrific selling point that I would think that you'd be yelling from the mountain tops about!

Thanks for your time and consideration guys.

Joe Mac

Module Increase for Apex Jr System

Module limit on an Apex Jr since its release has been 4 plus a display module. It has now been increased to 7 modules plus a display module.

1. True.
    2. No constraints on the type of modules/peripherals.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    1. True.
    2. No constraints on the type of modules/peripherals.
    Woohoo!! Thanks Russ!

Best,

Joe Mac