Thread: Rebooting Apex

Frequent Visitor

Rebooting Apex

How many ways are there to reboot Apex? I wanted to reboot from display, didn't find a way. Can I do it from dashboard or fusion? Can I reboot from power disconnect by unplugging both base Apex (usb style) cables to all EB's and backup power if used? Needed to do it the other day, and got to thinking, if I needed to do this for any reason, I should know my options.

Display menu, System->Net setup->Restart.

There's also a reboot option on the Network and Misc pages in the classic dashboard.

Reboot cannot be done through APEX Fusion or the iOS or Android apps.

Removing all power like you did is ok too.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for reply. I had read that I needed to set DHCP to enable which I then did (lesson#1 if it isn't broke, don't fix it). You know the result.

Well, networking is not my strong suit, so I lost dash comms. due to ip address changing. I still had fusion and display. I overlooked the restart in the list as I do remember seeing the HTTP port listing.

Oh well, late night for me (lesson #2 - don't try what you don't know after midnight).

A techy at Apex told me a couple of years ago, to set my ip as static and do port 2000. Gets it off of 80 and easy to remember.

Don't know if it is a good idea or not.

So after I reset DHCP back to off, and setting IP back to original addr. I needed to restart.

So I unplugged power and 2 bus cables, and amazingly enough, I had dashboard back.

What is the real need for DHCP being on? Is it have any +'s if my system is now working with fusion and dashboard.

I do have a problem with fusion and my droid phone SM-N910V. When I try to change outlet setup, ie. changing setting that is sending emails and warning

sounds at home, when I hit save, I may get "network stopped

working" message. Don't know if it is related but system does not crash, I can still communicate with fusion, I seem to only have error mess. when saving.

Some of us build to Apex around an existing aquarium, and with the invention of the Apex, one needs to build the tank around the Apex. Really, either way is OK.

I just find it hard to do without.

I backup regularly and have a spare control, EB8 and 2nd display so I can see main params walking by doorway to mech room

DHCP is just the easy way for non network savvy people to get the network settings right without having to look anything up. I personally keep a static IP on my apex so I can always remember the ip to access the classic dashboard when I need it and do port forwarding.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for clarifying this.

Also, 3rd lesson (I know just enough to get myself in trouble). Lesson 1 & 2 listed above.