Thread: outlets not showing in fusion

New User

outlets not showing in fusion

I just got an apex from a friend getting out of the hobby.I want to say the system is a couple of years old.was working fine at his house.got it all set at my house,fusion connected,can't make any of the outlets work.i watched some vids on youtube,and they show unlocking dashboard and dragging down.or dashboard actually says outlet.I have green status lights on eb8 and brain.cannot find outlets.any ideas? thanks

Click the lock icon to open the unused tiles area. Are the missing outlets there?

Go to the Outputs page (icon that looks like an electric receptacle); are the expected outlets all listed?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    no,after unlocking the unused tiles box,its empty.no outlets listed at all.

New User
    whats listed is var spd 1,2,3,and4. 5,6and 7 are alarms.i have sw1 through sw6 which don't move.Ph and temp.

Did you do initialize the Apex after you got it from your friend?

It sounds like it was only partially reinitialized and the EB8 outlets did not get recreated.

Using the display, go to Setup->Module Setup-> Delete Module. Then select and delete the EB8.

Then disconnect the Aquabus cable between the Apex base and the EB and reconnect it. Wait a couple of minutes then check in APEX Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

BTW, switch tiles are indicators, not controls.

New User
    Russ,you are the man! I now have 8 indicators in the locked box.thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by tomwlf View Post
    Russ,you are the man! I now have 8 indicators in the locked box.thank you very much.

Those would be controls, not indicators . You can interact with outlet tiles. Switch tiles merely show the state of the switch input.

Hello, I am having the same problem. Went through the steps you directed above in thread, but still no outlets in the locked box. Any other ideas?

Transferring from old base to new base and I have the outlet varspd but they are not showing up on my fusion desktop so my dimmer is not working. Howe do I fix this?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Did you do initialize the Apex after you got it from your friend?

It sounds like it was only partially reinitialized and the EB8 outlets did not get recreated.

Using the display, go to Setup->Module Setup-> Delete Module. Then select and delete the EB8.

Then disconnect the Aquabus cable between the Apex base and the EB and reconnect it. Wait a couple of minutes then check in APEX Fusion.
    Recently set up my upgraded system using a used Apex set up purchased from a local reefer.
    I've just noticed that I am missing two outputs (_4_7 and _4_8) on one of my two EB832 energy bars; neither of them are hidden in the unused tiles area.
    Can I follow this procedure without losing all of the settings/programs that are already associated with the outlets on that energy bar?

Quote Originally Posted by jlanger View Post
    Recently set up my upgraded system using a used Apex set up purchased from a local reefer.
    I've just noticed that I am missing two outputs (_4_7 and _4_8) on one of my two EB832 energy bars; neither of them are hidden in the unused tiles area.
    Can I follow this procedure without losing all of the settings/programs that are already associated with the outlets on that energy bar?
    It will delete the current settings. Save them in a word doc before deleting so you can copy/paste them back in after.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk