Thread: Waveline DC6000 help

New User

Waveline DC6000 help

I recently purchased a Waveline DC6000 (Apex Ready) for a return pump and have hooked it up to my controller. As instructed I reduced the power to the minimum level via the Waveline controller and then setup the programming within my Apex. My program is below, and is very simple.

Fallback ON
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    Set ON

For whatever reason, Fusion always reports that the pump is running at 100%. When I have the power adjusted down to the minimum via the Waveline controller the pump is running at 100% (based on the volume of water it is moving and the wine of the DC motor). When I bump the speed up one notch on the Waveline controller then the speed slows down dramatically (probably to the 30% mark), but Fusion still reports the pump running at 100%.

Any thoughts on why this would be happening? I've tried powering down and up the pump with no effect. I haven't tried a complete restart on the Apex at this point.

Thanks
    Bill

Waveline DC6000 help

It's because the Set ON statement you added is overriding the schedule you created in Fusion. Remove the Set ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User

Waveline DC6000 help

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    It's because the Set ON statement you added is overriding the schedule you created in Fusion. Remove the Set ON
    Thanks, I thought that looked wrong when I copied the config. Strange thing is that I don't think I've ever used anything but the wizard/graph to configure the pump.

Bill

New User
    What type of cable are you using? I have used 3 different CAT5 network cables and I have been unable to get my apex to control my DC6000.

New User
    I'm just using a short straight through Cat5e cable. I assume you've ensured that the VDM is showing up as an active module? There was also a minimum firmware required, but I don't recall what it was. Remember that once you upgrade the apex firmware you still may need to upgrade the vdm firmware through the Module Configuration page. I'm currently running HW Rev 000, SW Rev 013 on the VDM, and 4.33L_BD14 on the Apex itself.

Bill

New User
    Bill,

After calling RLSS.ca the support tech told me I had to have the pump at its lowest speed for APEX to take over and control the pump. That worked I can now control the pump speed but what it won't let me do is set the speed to 0 or OFF. He specifically said you can have the APEX completely turn off the pump without having to have it plugged into a EB8 or EB4. Any ideas what the issue could be? Not even any of the feed modes would turn it off.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmjr View Post
    Bill,

After calling RLSS.ca the support tech told me I had to have the pump at its lowest speed for APEX to take over and control the pump. That worked I can now control the pump speed but what it won't let me do is set the speed to 0 or OFF. He specifically said you can have the APEX completely turn off the pump without having to have it plugged into a EB8 or EB4. Any ideas what the issue could be? Not even any of the feed modes would turn it off.

Sorry, should have mentioned turning the control down on the pump controller.

I have mine plugged into an EB8 and turn it off twice a day for feeding. I just tried turning the pump down to zero and experienced the same as you. The flow was very low, but it was still moving water from my sump to the display.

Bill

Frequent Visitor
    Any documentation anywhere how to configure these? I have 2 I need to hookup to my Apex and can't find instructions anywhere

Frequent Visitor
    trying to find any information on this as well.... how do I wire this up to be controlled ? I can't seem to find info on this anywhere

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by isomorphic85 View Post
    trying to find any information on this as well.... how do I wire this up to be controlled ? I can't seem to find info on this anywhere
    I got the cables, plugged them in, and was lost from that point. I still don't know how to control them via the Apex.

Regular Vistor
    Any update to this? I haven't found anything on these pumps for even a hook up?

New User
    Does the controller that came with the pump and have Internet cable port. (CAT5)? if so plug 1 end of your Internet cable into the top of the controller. The other end would go into the apex controller. Vm1/2 or vm3/4, then go to fusion (easier setup). Look for varspd1, 2, 3, or 4 or whatever one the cable is connected to. Click the wand it will setup a basic setup, then turn pump controller to lowest setting. If pump is plugged into eb8 set it up in fusion on auto, and varspd to auto. You might have to play with all 4 varspd to figure the right 1. I plugged mine into varspd 3/4 and setup varspd 3. Nothing worked, delete 3 and moved to varspd 4. Pump started and is working fine.