Thread: Help! Wxm module vortechs issues

Help! Wxm module vortechs issues

Hey Apex wizards
    I got my wxm module today.
    I managed to get the mp10 connected and seems to be doing his job, however the mp40 is showing battery ok and missing and weird statuses like that the whole time. It's just staying in constant mode..

The Radion gen 2 installer is also not working.
    That special Eco smart manager is also not working.
    When I try restart the Radion the light turns off, but they don't turn back on. (Like in the video) I try attach and nothing happens! I'm like quite frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

I have updated everything, Apex, rf module, wxm.

Thanks in advance for any help

Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor
    As for the MP10s check the connections between the the Vortech controller and the power brick you might have a loose connection?
    Jon

Which ones the power brick? Like that white box thing one controls the vortechs with under normal circumstances?

Frequent Contributor
    look at the picture I have two parts circled on spot is where the plug from the wall connects to the power brick, the other leaves the power brick and connect to the bottom of the white Vortech controller

Capture.jpg
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    I had the same problem when connecting my radions. Where do you have the lights plugged into? If its plugged into the EB8 make sure the outlet stays on (I assume its the same with the vortechs as well). Try plugging them into the wall outlet directly. Thats what I did then I configured the outlet to stay on all the time so the radions never go missing and on off is controled through the wxm light switch that appears.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    look at the picture I have two parts circled on spot is where the plug from the wall connects to the power brick, the other leaves the power brick and connect to the bottom of the white Vortech controller

Capture.jpg
    Thanks for the illustration. I checked the power. It's all in correctly. Nothing's loose.

Frequent Contributor
    Jaws had some good points...

Where do you have your Vortechs plugged into???....(standard wall outlet, or are they plugged into the an EB8 or EB6 as you are in Germany)

If they are plugged into a Neptune Energy Bar what are the programming that you have set on those outlets...you should have it set to advanced programming with this code:

Fallback On
    Set ON

Also if you are using energy bars it is not necessary (and a waste of outlets) as all the controls are done threw (Virtual Outlets) that are created as you connect your Vortech & Radions to the WXM.
    Jon

Jaws had some good points...

Where do you have your Vortechs plugged into???....(standard wall outlet, or are they plugged into the an EB8 or EB6 as you are in Germany)

If they are plugged into a Neptune Energy Bar what are the programming that you have set on those outlets...you should have it set to advanced programming with this code:

Fallback On
    Set ON

Also if you are using energy bars it is not necessary (and a waste of outlets) as all the controls are done threw (Virtual Outlets) that are created as you connect your Vortech & Radions to the WXM.
    Ya. Set on. Fallback on.
    I'm aware that I now save myself some power Points, that was also part of the idea on the limited eb6.
    Currently the still connected to eb6

Frequent Contributor
    Now I am just throwing darts on a wall and hoping one might stick....lol

How about taking the vortechs off of the WXM and see if you get any errors running it through only the Vortech controller...I am sure you checked and made sure that the Vortech (White) Controller had the proper firmware before connecting it to the WVM....I am trying to see is this could be a Echotech issues or something else...

Also when the Vortech changes between modes does the dial on the Vortech White controller change colors?

What color is the the Dial on the Vortech Controller?
    Jon

Now I am just throwing darts on a wall and hoping one might stick....lol

How about taking the vortechs off of the WXM and see if you get any errors running it through only the Vortech controller...I am sure you checked and made sure that the Vortech (White) Controller had the proper firmware before connecting it to the WVM....I am trying to see is this could be a Echotech issues or something else...

Also when the Vortech changes between modes does the dial on the Vortech White controller change colors?

What color is the the Dial on the Vortech Controller?

I appreciate you throwing darts, i think you might have hit the nail on the head.
    On a side note, i FINALLY managed to get the Radion Updated to 1.7.8 and its now working with the apex (YAY)

alright. Versions...
    I found this:
    "The firmware version installed on an EcoTech Marine pump driver can be determined by counting the LEDblinking sequence when the pump is initially powered on. The major revision is indicated by the number ofgreen blinks while the minor revision by the number of blue blinks. For example, 3 green blinks followed by 1blue blink indicates version 3.1"
    Mine doesnt even show up Green at all. I made a video here: (Please note i filmed this in slow motion - so one can actually see and or count if anything is happening)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3NXZEuMcZw
    All i see is the red lighting up and thats kinda it.
    Oh and what is WWD FIRMWARD UPDATE? Whats the WWD for?

What update should i do?
    ECOTECH PUMP DRIVER FIRMWARE UPDATE or WWD FIRMWARE UPDATE?

WWD is 1st generation Vortechs. Since you have EcoSmart Vortechs, you'd use the ES firmware.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Help! Wxm module vortechs issues

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    WWD is 1st generation Vortechs. Since you have EcoSmart Vortechs, you'd use the ES firmware.
    I need to update correct?
    I can't see any firmware numbers/versions based on the video I made. Or what am I looking at?

I answered the question I could answer. I don't use Vortechs so can't really help ya further.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    I answered the question I could answer. I don't use Vortechs so can't really help ya further.
    Ah. Ok I understand. WWD is 1st gen. Ok. Thank u russm

Frequent Contributor
    It has been over a two years when I did the update on my old Vortech and now I am using WAV powerheads, but it should not be a problem if you do update it...
    Jon

Haha. So I try update it. Error code 6e. Try again. Error code 6f. The next thing I hear the pump going on. Check fusion. Working?! Go figure. Hahhaa. So. Thanks jonmos75 for taking dart shots. It seems to all be working now I am happy

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
    Haha. So I try update it. Error code 6e. Try again. Error code 6f. The next thing I hear the pump going on. Check fusion. Working?! Go figure. Hahhaa. So. Thanks jonmos75 for taking dart shots. It seems to all be working now I am happy

Glad to hear this....
    Jon