Thread: Dyndns problems

Frequent Visitor

Dyndns problems

Not sure if anyone can help me, but I've tried everything I can try. I've always had access to my ip camera and my apex when I'm home and away from home. Two days ago I lost all access to my apex and my ip camera. I'm not sure if I updated the firmware on my netgear router before or after having this problem, but I think I updated the firmware after I noticed my loss of access.

I've always been able to access my apex by using the classic dashboard, the app on my iPhone, and fusion. I finally got it working again by going into my display network settings and restarted the apex and fusion came back online. Now I am able to access my apex with fusion while I'm on wifi and while I'm on my 4g data plan.

However I can only access my ip camera by typing my local IP address while I'm on wifi. My dyndns address will immediately bring up the prompt to enter my login and password but no matter what I try it won't work.

My IP address has not changed and my ip camera and my apex are both on the correct ip's.

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know. I saw on another post to enable dhcp and reboot the router so I tried that but it didn't work so I disabled dhcp.

I can view my ip cam but only while I'm on wifi on my network. Dyndns does not work because it won't accept my login/password.

Try redoing the port forwarding in your router. It's possible that got reset when you updated your router firmware and the login prompt is actually for your router and not the camera.

Frequent Visitor
    I checked the port forwarding on my router and everything is the same as it's always been. The only thing that works is Fusion both on wifi and on 4g. I can also log into my apex and my ip camera while I'm on my wifi network by going to the IP address assigned to them.

I can't access either by going to my dyndns address either on wifi or on 4g. I do get a prompt for my ip camera but my login password won't work and I've tried to change it a few times.

Frequent Visitor
    I now have access to my apex using 4g and using my dyndns service. All that I did was log into my router and go into port forwarding and change the port and than change it back again. I also rebooted my router. I still can't get the ip camera to work unless I log into my IP address while on my network. My login and password won't work when I use dyndns address.

image.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Try redoing the port forwarding in your router. It's possible that got reset when you updated your router firmware and the login prompt is actually for your router and not the camera.
    ThxZombie I got it working again. Not sure why the port was conflicting with my router port all of a sudden but I guess it was because I updated the router firmware. I was able to go into my cameras advanced settings and changed the port to 8181 and now everything is working again.