Thread: DDR+Dos Won't prime with DDR John Guest fittings..

Frequent Visitor

DDR+Dos Won't prime with DDR John Guest fittings..

Pump primes perfectly fine without the John Guest fittings on the DDR but as soon as I put them in the fitting the DDR itself won't pull fluid? Any advice/? The fittings are in securely and snapped.. They can not be pulled out so there is no air leaking, pumps will not prime but do prime if removed from the fittings and inserted into the DDR manually.. I feel it is a issue with the plastic tubing within the DDR containers..

Can I increase the speed of the pump head to create more of a siphon or is my DDR busted..

Frequent Visitor
    Bought RO/DI tubing connected it to the john guest fitting to the IN port on the DOS.. and it worked! Make sure to push them all the way in on both sides I had to use some force!

Frequent Visitor
    I started to use RODI tubing to dose Alk and Ca and after a month or so have to replace it with the Neptune original tubing. In both pumps the RODI tubing cracked in the pump connection and leaked. The Neptune tubing have been working for the last ~5 months without any issue.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemodan View Post
    I started to use RODI tubing to dose Alk and Ca and after a month or so have to replace it with the Neptune original tubing. In both pumps the RODI tubing cracked in the pump connection and leaked. The Neptune tubing have been working for the last ~5 months without any issue.
    Thanks I will keep a eye on it!

Regular Vistor
    I keep getting large air bubbles in the distal pump tubing. I have tightened the fittings by hand as tight as I can get them. The proximal (from DDR to DOS) does not accumulate bubbles. Any suggestions? Does this effect the dosing amount?

Frequent Visitor
    RO/DI tubing works great for the DDR but will fall off the DOS. I have had fantastic luck with the silicone airline tubing. It works both on the DOS and DDR. I have 4 DOS all with that silicone tubing. They have been running for about 10 months with no problem. Here is a link to what I use.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Tom_Aquat...ARAAAT-vi.html

Regular Vistor
    I used the tubbing that came with it and even bought more just in case. It was folded and therefore kinked about every six inches so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. I tried to flatten out the kinks as best as I can but they remain a several places. Do you think that has anything to do with the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only if it cracked at the kinks.

Regular Vistor
    Speaking of which I wish they would roll the tubing because its semi-rigid and does kink. It's a little thing, but kind of a pain having to prep it before install by warming it up in the sun and stretching it. Not as nice as a typical rolled tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiverfull View Post
    I used the tubbing that came with it and even bought more just in case. It was folded and therefore kinked about every six inches so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. I tried to flatten out the kinks as best as I can but they remain a several places. Do you think that has anything to do with the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Boil some water and warm the RODI tubing then push it all the way into the fitting. Make sure you thread the nut first before securing the fitting - It will flare and therefore you won't be able to remove the nut from the tubing - you'll have to cut. Hope it works for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk