Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sync vs anti-sync

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshock4932 View Post
    Okay, If by testing like that.....This would confirm what i thought. When i set my MP40Left to constant at 100% and my MP40Right to SYNC. MP40Right didnt change its speed. It stuck at the same speed. So this should confirm my thinking that the % in SYNC/ANTI-SYNC is not the percentage of the "MASTER" but it is the percentage of the true power going to the SLAVE

however, I found that the best way to test is to set one to PULSE and the other to ANTISYNC. Set the ANTISYNC to 100% and the PULSE to 100%. Obviously they both go 100%. Then when setting the PULSE to 10% they both slow down even if ANTISYNC is at 100%.

so........I was wrong. ANTISYNC is working off a percentage of the PULSE pump. Sorry if i confused anyone.
    So Ramshock, I think we are seeing the same thing but reading your post again I am not sure. Did we determine that if you have 2 mp's they are slaved to the wxm or will one pump be the master if anti-sync/sync is selected? I think you and I are trying to get to the same solution. Simply, in the fusion wizard do we set the % for the sync'd/antisync'd pump to 100% or leave it alone with the default %'s as they are preloaded when you copy over the programming from whichever pump you choose.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Yup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshock4932 View Post
    Yup.

I had a couple "OR" statements in my post, LOL. For now I'm leaving it as I have had it set up. Maybe I'll just get the WAV's and make it easier. You have raised some good questions here though. Thx.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    So Simply, in the fusion wizard do we set the % for the sync'd/antisync'd pump to 100% or leave it alone with the default %'s as they are preloaded when you copy over the programming from whichever pump you choose.
    sorry...i was agreeing with this being the question

Regular Vistor
    What does the slave do in anti-sync mode when the master is in constant mode, at night for example?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    So Ramshock, I think we are seeing the same thing but reading your post again I am not sure. Did we determine that if you have 2 mp's they are slaved to the wxm or will one pump be the master if anti-sync/sync is selected? I think you and I are trying to get to the same solution. Simply, in the fusion wizard do we set the % for the sync'd/antisync'd pump to 100% or leave it alone with the default %'s as they are preloaded when you copy over the programming from whichever pump you choose.
    Guys, let's say you want a gentle 25% power lagoon mode. You set the master to 25% lagoon and set the slave to 100% anti-sync. Does this mean the slave will run at 75% lagoon (opposite of 25%), which doesn't make sense, or will it simply spool in opposite bursts to the master but be limited to the 25% speed?

Quote Originally Posted by mwaldvogel View Post
    Guys, let's say you want a gentle 25% power lagoon mode. You set the master to 25% lagoon and set the slave to 100% anti-sync. Does this mean the slave will run at 75% lagoon (opposite of 25%), which doesn't make sense, or will it simply spool in opposite bursts to the master but be limited to the 25% speed?
    The slave will run up to 25% intensity. The % you set in the anti-sync side is saying what "%" of the the master do you want me to run. So if you set the slave to 100% then it will run at 100% of whatever the master's intensity is. In this case 25%. If you set the slave to 50% then it will run at 50% of the Master's intensity or 0.5 x 75% or 37.5%.
    Chad

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by mwaldvogel View Post
    What does the slave do in anti-sync mode when the master is in constant mode, at night for example?
    Old thread, but valid question and what I was trying to determine this morning. I just set up my tank last week with two MP40s and a WXM. I had them programmed in fusion to run in lagoon and reef crest for most of the day and then running in constant @10% overnight. The left MP40 had all the set points and modes programmed in fusion and the right MP40 had two set points set @ 100% anti-sync of the the left. I observed the anti-sync programming running at matched intensities for the lagoon and reef crest modes over the day and thought everything was working as I wanted. However I didnt notice until this morning (since they run so quiet!) that while the left was running 10% constant at night the right MP40 was running at 100%. Woke up early this morning and heard the hum of the MP40 and thought it strange since I hadnt heard it before. Felt the MP40 and it was hot to the touch and running much faster than my other one.

This is going back a ways as it's been a bit since I've had the vortechs out. IIRC somewhere in a post I talked about having to set the Vortechs in Sync anytime I used constant mode to get the behavior I wanted. I was seeing the same thing you are. I can't remember if it was a bug or if it is because setting the anti-sync side to be opposite of the slave it would run at 90% as the master side is at 10%. Regardless, I believe if you set the slave side to sync anytime constant is in the master side then you will get the behavior you want.

BTW it's normal for the Vortechs to be pretty warm to the touch as the cases are heat syncs. Mine were always pretty warm if ran at higher speeds.
    Chad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12