Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing Base Unit

yest restoring, it doesn't seem to restore anything!

more info: I know it the APEX base unit, because I have a hard wired connection to it, which means no matter what I do, I can't talk to the APEX, so I was going to swap it with another one to get it back connected while I trouble shoot and reset the 'old' one. So I am trying to program the new unit, I have saved all my data into the .bin file, but this 'new' one isn't taking it when I try to restore, nothing happens.
    Rocking 2 Apex units, life is less stress with Apex!

Frequent Visitor
    The modules need to be in the exact same address as the old one for that to work. Just because you left everything plugged in, does not guarantee they will come in at the same address.

The best way is to reset the Apex to factory, then plug the modules in at the same order as the previous system.

If the previous Apex has not been removed from Fusion, you can still print out a summary and that will show you the addresses of all the modules as well as the programming in each outlet.

When you select the previous Apex, it will say error, disconnected. Select diagnose, then click on the top left where it says Apex ( or if you renamed the hostname, the new hostname). Then select Summary.

conceptually I understand however; my 'new' base unit is not connected to anything other than the power bar, I just updated the firmware then attempted to restore the network settings, which ...it didn't do...so no matter what is or is not plugging into the base unit, it still did not restore even the simple network settings...

If you are using Firefox, use a different browser.

Also, be sure to carefully follow the Apex Classic Cloning Guide

https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

hum, I tried IE and chrome, same issue also not able to find the classic cloning guide in all the documentation.

EDIT: I re initialized the APEX, then tried again using IE and it appears to have worked this time. Now to hook it up into the system: I have no idea the original order I used to connect things up, everything is 'daisy' chained off the base unit into multiple power bars...

[QUOTE=uwish;156140]

The Cloning Guide is in the Apex User Manuals section of that page, near the bottom of that section.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12