Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nest Cam with Fusion now working!

Regular Vistor

Lightbulb Nest Cam with Fusion now working!

I just got a nest cam and I have found out how to get the video in my fusion page, full streaming video!

first get the nest cam working and the video set to public.

now go to the page with a browser that is not using flash and gives you html 5 video

view the page source and find the html <Video> tags.
    look for this:

<source src=

there are two of them one is type="rtmp/mp4"
    the other is type="application/x-mpegURL"

take the second one that is x-mpegURL

it will be in the form https://stream-alfa.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/[id-string-for-your-feed]/playlist.m3u8

put that in fusion as type mpeg4 and re-load the page.
    it works.

for a private stream there may be a way to give a login I do not know yet.

I have my camera set to turn off and on so that it's not streaming 24x7 and my camera is only showing the tank with no sound so it's not a big deal to me.

Frequent Contributor
    OK, I tried to get this working and validate this because a lot of people would like to see this work. I need your help.

1. first get the nest cam working and the video set to public.

CHECK

2. now go to the page with a browser that is not using flash and gives you html 5 video

FAIL. I set Safari to restrict (turn off) Flash and all I got was the typical warning screen that says I need to get Flash. So, we need a bit better description of how you did this. If we can glean the unique ID from some other page and use it in this string for the feed URL so much the better.

We all look forward to more info.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    OK, I tried to get this working and validate this because a lot of people would like to see this work. I need your help.

1. first get the nest cam working and the video set to public.

CHECK

I am referring to the public stream page, please get the link to that page and load that.

I used edge browser on windows 10 and the public page I got had the html 5 video tag.

Here is my public page
    https://video.nest.com/live/KNBhhR

2. now go to the page with a browser that is not using flash and gives you html 5 video

FAIL. I set Safari to restrict (turn off) Flash and all I got was the typical warning screen that says I need to get Flash. So, we need a bit better description of how you did this. If we can glean the unique ID from some other page and use it in this string for the feed URL so much the better.

We all look forward to more info.

My reply got put inside the quote tag sorry
    Go to your public URL to get the stream info.
    I did it with edge on windows 10 with no problem.

Regular Vistor
    it looks like the part that is used in the url to id your camera is also used on the private flash page also: https://home.nest.com/camera/[your camera id here]
    Put that into
    https://stream-alfa.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/[your camera id here]/playlist.m3u8
    I think that's all we need along with the public video setting.

Regular Vistor
    Also a note on my fusion page it often has no video at first but if I reload the page it kicks in and works fine, perhaps fusion needs to tweak the page a bit to make it re load that part ?
    When it stars it works great!

Frequent Contributor
    Tried it.

Screenshot below.

I also gave a screenshot of my "Technical Info" from the camera set up page. I am using an older camera.

Below is also what I see on my dashboard.

Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 8.25.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 8.24.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 7.54.22 AM.png

Regular Vistor
    interesting.... and I will assume that the public view page is working ?? you checked it ?
    view the html and look for the video tags I refered to and see what they show.
    possibly an older camera might have different options ??

my camera is brand new so I am not sure if anything in the camera changed that has an effect on this?
    if you want pm me the link to your public stream and I will take a look and compare it to what I get.

Regular Vistor
    just checked and my camera is listed as a "Nest Cam" so that is different.... check your public web page and see what the html shows....

Frequent Contributor
    So here is an interesting twist. When I pull up Apex Fusion on my iPhone, the video window auto-starts and I get live video!

However, when I close it and look at the window on the dashboard, it is a still image.

Please confirm that your windowed version in Apex Fusion is live, and if so, under what browser. And, is the windowed version in Apex Fusion "live" when using Safari on iOS?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    So here is an interesting twist. When I pull up Apex Fusion on my iPhone, the video window auto-starts and I get live video!

However, when I close it and look at the window on the dashboard, it is a still image.

Please confirm that your windowed version in Apex Fusion is live, and if so, under what browser. And, is the windowed version in Apex Fusion "live" when using Safari on iOS?
    I do not have a mac or ios device to test with.
    I am running windows 10 and the edge browser.
    I will try the fusion site with chrome chrome 47 on windows 10 gets the same image you show in the screenshot, black frame no video!

public video link in same version of chrome and the video does not autostart but does play and is html 5 video..... so chrome and the fusuion page are acting differently than edge does.

also you may wan to have your dev team get a nest developer account, it's free and may help figure out some of the details.
    I see that nest uses rest / json api methods and oauth tokens so it may be possible to do some integration with their api to help make this work for more users with less digging around on the users end.
    an oauth token is like what is used with facebook accounts and google account and Microsoft accounts to do shared login and authorize an app to do things for the user

so you may be able to make a web plugin that authenticates with nest say each week or each month but then gets the video data each time they go to the fusion page.

might be a good way to bridge the two systems.

Frequent Contributor
    This right here illustrates perfectly why we do not endorse a particular camera for use, nor do we have a set sequence to help people make it work. There are so many variables and so much incompatibility right now in this space. No real standards. The only thing that works well are the apps/java/flash that are hand-built to work with a particular manufacturers and (maybe) their cloud.

I am done experimenting for now.

Regular Vistor
    Does the other person have had success with this method. For whatever reason it works fine on my iPhone with Safari but it does not work on my PC with Internet Explorer.

Do you have a solution for me?

Regular Vistor
    Ok
    I found something. It works with Microsoft EDGE (Windows 10) but not with Internet Explorer !!

New User
    Hello, I have a New Nest Cam and have tried using your link: https://stream-alfa.drop.com:443/nex.../playlist.m3u8 and can't get it to work. I have called Nest and they were no help and then call Apex and they just tell me to find my video stream. Help

It doesn't work for me either - I spent hours trying.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Hi
    We must consider that the URL is not the same for everyone. Mine: https://stream-bravo.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/31b...........f1ebd1cc37/playlist.m3u8. You need to find the red information.
    I found it with the ''figuerres'' procedure:

now go to the page with a browser that is not using flash and gives you html 5 video

look for this:

<source src=

it will be in the form https://stream-alfa.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/[id-string-for-your-feed]/playlist.m3u8

it works.

The problem isn't getting the proper URL - I am quite familiar with that stuff. It's that none of the browsers I've tried handle the m3u8 playlist properly.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by patdup View Post
    Hi
    We must consider that the URL is not the same for everyone. Mine: https://stream-bravo.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/31b...........f1ebd1cc37/playlist.m3u8. You need to find the red information.
    I found it with the ''figuerres'' procedure:

look for this:

<source src=

it works.
    Hi patdup

Many thanks for your information. It works great for me! I purchased my Nest Cam 2 days ago and your post did the trick.

My Equipment:
    Late 2014 iMac 27" with latest OS X (10.11.4) - using Safari 9.1
    Mid 2012 MacBook Pro with latest OS X (10.11.4) - using Safari 9.1
    iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 9.3.1
    WiFi Router: Apple AirPort Extreme (no hard drive inside, aka - Time Capsule)

On the OS X systems, in Safari, the video starts up in Apex Fusion immediately using patdup's instructions.
    On the iOS system, in Safari, the video does not start up in Apex Fusion. A still image is shown with a play button in the center. Pressing the image makes it expand (as it always did) and then the live video plays.

Cheers!

JimVision
    Last edited by JimVision; 04-15-2016 at 13:31. Reason: more detail

Regular Vistor
    Ive also got this working on ALL Apple devices. Cannot get it to work on Android or windows though. Only apple ..

NSI Member
    I can get it to play on my iphone in fusion, but not in any browser.

New User
    I have my Nest Cam streaming live in Apex Fusion. Works on my Mac, PC and iPhone.

The process is a combination of the info posted in this thread, and the process for posting images using the old DropCam setup. (See here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...th-APEX-Fusion).

In short, you need:

1. This link: https://stream-alfa.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/[camera ID]/playlist.m3u8

2. Your camera ID.

You get your camera ID by viewing the source code for your public Nest link. Open your Nest public link. In MS Edge, right-click on the page and select View Source. In Safari, you have to enable the Developer tab in Preferences, then view the source code for the page.

In the source code, find this: https://nexusapi.dropcam.com/get_ima...xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Note that it's the same URL that worked with DropCam to post images. The number after the uuid= is your Camera ID.

Just insert that ID into the stream-alfa link. Like this: https://stream-alfa.dropcam.com:443/nexus_aac/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/playlist.m3u8

Then paste that link into Apex and select MPEG-4.

Done. You may have to click on the arrows icon under your video panel in Dashboard once, but it should stream live after that.

Regular Vistor
    This works for me, but only in the apex fusion app, doesnt work in the web browser chrome or IE10...

Quote Originally Posted by cafereef View Post
    This works for me, but only in the apex fusion app, doesnt work in the web browser chrome or IE10...
    It only works in Safari and Edge.

Regular Vistor
    well...guess that explains my frustration. Thanks

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by figuerres View Post
    I just got a nest cam and I have found out how to get the video in my fusion page, full streaming video!

look for this:

<source src=

it works.

for a private stream there may be a way to give a login I do not know yet.

I have my camera set to turn off and on so that it's not streaming 24x7 and my camera is only showing the tank with no sound so it's not a big deal to me.
    Neptune needs to make this simpler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast