Thread: How to include images in forum postings?

Classic User

How to include images in forum postings?

How do I
    1. embed
    2. attach
    3. link
    an image in a posting?
    Copy and paste does not work. Can't find tools on posting page.
    I usually launch forum from Chrome on Windows 7 PC.

Frequent Contributor
    Check out this post...this is what I use

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...=snipping+tool
    Jon

Classic User
    Hello Jon,
    I have read that posting before, amongst others. It does not go to my question. I use the snipping tool, too. I use it a lot to capture screen images for lots of uses. It is really very handy. What I am asking help for is the next step after image capture.
    How do I include an image in a posting? What do I have to do to take a file and link it or attach it to a posting? If it is an image file then I presume I can also embed the image as I often do in a Word file, or a Powerpoint file. The problem is I see no tools on the forum post or reply pages to do any of those 3 actions to include a file or an image in my posting.

I am actually somewhat embarrassed to ask such a fundamental question. I imagine that the answer will be embarrassingly obvious, but I am at the point where I need someone to show me exactly how to link, attach, ane/or embed an image in a post like this one.
    Thanks, fab

Frequent Contributor
    No worries Fab...

When I capture a screen shot like the examples in this post I use the picture icon (circled in blue) and you get an option to load a file from a computer or a web url.....then under the file there is a upload file to apply it to the post

When I want to link a web address to a word like support ticket I highlight the word and then click on the icon circled in red and this is where I will past the link address and it will add a hyper link to the word that I highlighted....let me know if you need to know how to get a address... I hope this helps and ask away and I will help you figure it out the best I can....

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG
    Jon

Classic User
    Jon, Thank you very much. I had tried the add picture icon before, but i never got the entire "Insert Image" page that you showed me. I only got The title and the tabs and the first two lines of text. Add... Allowed.... I never got the button to choose file or the button to upload file(s).

Dunno wha happened then, but now I do get the entire page and it works. Thank you very much. I'm not as embarrassed as I thought I would be.

Frequent Contributor
    No problem....glad it worked this time for you.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    Jon, Thank you very much. I had tried the add picture icon before, but i never got the entire "Insert Image" page that you showed me. I only got The title and the tabs and the first two lines of text. Add... Allowed.... I never got the button to choose file or the button to upload file(s)..
    The forum software was just upgraded last night, and there appears to be a n issue with that - I just saw what you experienced. Sometimes the Browse and Upload buttons do not appear right away.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Classic User
    Thank you RussM...so i haven't lost my marbles, after all!