Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Pumps ON/OFF

Alternate Pumps ON/OFF

I would like to have one wave running at a time in pulse mode. Rather than two working at the same time I was thinking along the lines of using the OSC command but this does not seem to work always showing 1% never off.

WAV_Left
    Fallback OFF
    OSC 030:00/030:00/000:00 Then WAV_PULSE
    FEEDB 005 THEN OFF

WAV_Right
    Fallback OFF
    OSC 000:00/030:00/030:00 Then WAV_PULSE
    FEEDB 005 THEN OFF

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    I would like to have one wave running at a time in pulse mode. Rather than two working at the same time I was thinking along the lines of using the OSC command but this does not seem to work always showing 1% never off.

WAV_Left
    Fallback OFF
    OSC 030:00/030:00/000:00 Then WAV_PULSE
    FEEDB 005 THEN OFF

WAV_Right
    Fallback OFF
    OSC 000:00/030:00/030:00 Then WAV_PULSE
    FEEDB 005 THEN OFF

Not working people can this be done on WAV's

You cannot use WAV profiles in an OSC statement.

Create a virtual outlet, for example, called WAV-OSC:

[ WAV-OSC ]
    OSC 000:00/030:00/030:00 Then ON
    If FeedB 005 Then OFF

[ WAV_Left ]
    Set OFF
    If Outlet WAV-OSC = ON Then WAV_PULSE

[ WAV_Right ]
    Set OFF
    If Outlet WAV-OSC = OFF Then WAV_PULSE
    If FeedB 005 Then OFF
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You cannot use WAV profiles in an OSC statement.

Create a virtual outlet, for example, called WAV-OSC:

[ WAV-OSC ]
    OSC 000:00/030:00/030:00 Then ON
    If FeedB 005 Then OFF

[ WAV_Left ]
    Set OFF
    If Outlet WAV-OSC = ON Then WAV_PULSE

[ WAV_Right ]
    Set OFF
    If Outlet WAV-OSC = OFF Then WAV_PULSE
    If FeedB 005 Then OFF

Thanks Russ, remembered you helping me with a sump flush profile which I did and removed but it was the same sort of thing. Spot on thanks again.

New User
    I'm trying to get this to work as well. I created the Wav_osc virtual outlet and that is working. But when i try to program the Wav_left or Wav_right it doesn't like the Wav_pulse. The only way i can get it to work is if i use the Then_On statement. But when i do this it turns them on correctly but at 100%. If i try to use the wizard to set the flow percentage it erases my code that i wrote and puts in time and percentage values. I've tried to add them back in but they don't play nice. I can get either the flow to work properly or the oscillate to work properly. My end goal is to have each pump running Mavericks or some other random pattern and oscillate each pump for a half hour. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by venom550pm View Post
    But when i try to program the Wav_left or Wav_right it doesn't like the Wav_pulse.
    What do you mean by "doesn't like"? Are you saying that the Apex will not accept a profile name of Wav_pulse? If so...

1. Did you define a profile named Wav_pulse?
    2. Is the profile name you tried to use in programming EXACTLY the same as the name of the profile you defined? Names are case-sensitive - to the APEX, WAV_Pulse and Wav_pulse are different.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    for some reason I didn't think the Wav_pulse was a profile. What would that profile look like? for this to function correctly?

Using APEX Fusion, click on the Profiles button (looks like a file folder). Pick one to modify. Change the Profile Type to WAV. Modify the parameters desired, like WAV Type (the mode) and intensity. Then nrename the profile; use a name that is descriptive... for example, if you choose Mavericks at 65%, rename the profile something like "Mav65".

Then use that profile name in your programming instead of Wav_pulse

New User
    Thanks, I just found it, I'm still new at this programming Thanks for your help!

Regular Vistor
    Is there a way to do shorter intervals, like 15 min or 10 min?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TD13 View Post
    Is there a way to do shorter intervals, like 15 min or 10 min?
    I am using pipeline on one side of my WAV's and inversing the other side with a 2 minute duration set. I just looked and the slider goes up to 1300 seconds, which is about 21.6 minutes. Therefore you could run pipeline on a master and inverse on the slave side and set the interval to 600 or 900 to get your 10 or 15 min respectively.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    I am using pipeline on one side of my WAV's...
    This will seem silly, I'm running these on a 28 gallon nano. I'm getting everything together for a larger tank and couldn't let them sit in the box and collect dust. That being said, I'm using the 'Malibu' at 1% and alternating it between the 2 WAVs. I would LOVE to get them cycling quicker than 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by TD13 View Post
    This will seem silly, I'm running these on a 28 gallon nano. I'm getting everything together for a larger tank and couldn't let them sit in the box and collect dust. That being said, I'm using the 'Malibu' at 1% and alternating it between the 2 WAVs. I would LOVE to get them cycling quicker than 30 min.
    Then use pipeline with whatever interval you like. Just set the opposite side to inverse. Wow! 28 gallon tank! I am using these on a 105 and am having trouble keeping my substrate in one place. In fact I am going to redo my aquascape just to redirect some of the flow.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    I guess I don't understand what you mean by 'pipeline'... isn't just a more vigerous version of pulse? Like maverics is to malibu? The goal would be to get Malibu to cycle quicker between the 2.

Pipeline A more powerful version of Pulse, Pipeline may be used to create a large standing wave, potentially at the cost of more pump noise. Pulse duration in seconds may be configured; this duration describes the time that the pump will be on, as well the time that the pump will be off between cycles.

I have not found pulse to shut the pump all the way off. I don't know if this is a bug in mine, but when I run pulse mode as described above my pumps don't turn all the way off. At least that is what I have seen. I will test it again to be sure, but when I use pipeline I have found that the pump actually turns all the way off between cycles.
    Chad

I'm running mine in pulse 1% with one side inverse and see no pulse. Possibly 1% is too low for this mode? They look like they are both running at same speed. However when I choose pipeline one side will shut completely off. That in addition to the duration of 30 minutes may be why Russ suggested the osc command.
    Chad

Chad

Alternate Pumps ON/OFF

In this case, the OP wanted to use Pulse at a short period *and* have the two WAVs alternate between Pulse and OFF every half hour. Hence the VO running an OSC. Changing the Pulse period to a long one does not answer TD13's question.

The answer to that question is to change the OSC times in the VO from 030:00 to 010:00.

Regular Vistor
    The answer to that question is to change the OSC times in the VO from 030:00 to 010:00.
    Thanks a lot Russ, got it!

What language does Apex use? is there somewhere to learn it? I know JavaScript, CSS, HTML, and a few more. I wouldn't mind adding another notch to my belt.

In this case, the OP wanted to use Pulse at a short period *and* have the two WAVs alternate between Pulse and OFF every half hour. Hence the VO running an OSC. Changing the Pulse period to a long one does not answer TD13's question.

But we did have a good time discussing the pulse/pipeline paradox nonetheless. TD13 did bring up some interesting points.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Would this be possible to program these at specific times through out the day in order to to get different modes to run

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_rendon View Post
    Would this be possible to program these at specific times through out the day in order to to get different modes to run
    You can do that easily using the APEX Fusion wizard for WAVs.

Regular Vistor
    Tried that and when in enter the alternate Wav in inverse at 100% while having the main pump on pulse the alternate pump goes on 100% on constant mode

New User
    Sorry for been a little stupid I just got my Apex.

So how do you create a virtual outlet? I see the profiles etc

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_rendon View Post
    Tried that and when in enter the alternate Wav in inverse at 100% while having the main pump on pulse the alternate pump goes on 100% on constant mode
    Please post your programming as I have an idea what could be the issue but would like to see the programming first.
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast