Thread: APEX base seem to be stuck

New User

Question APEX base seem to be stuck

Noticed tonight APEX Fusion wasn't connected. Check to see what's going on with the unit on the tank. All lights are solid green on the base (main light, ethernet, and 4 leds for pumps), power bars, 1Link etc are all blinking as not connected. Router also does not see an incoming connection from the APEX.

I've tried power cycling few times, including unplugging all of the probes and Ethernet and just powering up with one of the bus cables. Unit blinks yellow for few seconds, then all lights go solid green. No connection from ethernet or other modules can be established at that point.

Is there any other way to reset the base unit, assuming I cannot do anything with firmware since no ethernet connection nor with display unit?

New User
    Well after wasting 4 hours today trying to talk with someone at support, ended up getting an RMA to send it back. Good thing I've invested into a lot of Neptune products that are all useless now

Will see how much it will cost to replace $20 pcb in the base unit now heh.

New User
    Well so far I am very disappointed in the quality of Neptune support, especially in the case of a broken base unit that rendered all other Neptune products I have (3 powerbars, 2 DOS, 2 WAVs, LEDs) useless.

They've received the base Friday noon. I heard nothing back until late Tuesday. Clearly fixing such an important part of the system is not a priority to Neptune. I finally got a notification that I have to pay $50 for repairs (unit is just one year old) with very unclear explanation of what has actually happened to the unit - "An IC was operating marginally". At this point I do not even feel like I should be paying anything for whatever the repairs they are claiming to be doing.

If your product fails at such an early age due to no fault of customer like a power surge or water damage, have some pride in your work and fix it asap without making customer pay more after spending quite a bit on all the parts as is.

Finally, I would think that Neptune would have some sort of quick loaner program where you would get an Apex base unit (even Jr) version to keep you up and running while the repairs are done. But there are no concerns for that here, all they did is offer me to buy another base unit for $200. Thank, but I will not be buying any more of Neptune products and certainly do not feel like I have to pay for another base to feel confident that my tank will not crash due to poor manufacturing of PCB that fail after 1 year of service.

Regular Vistor
    There's a reason why they specify a warranty period ... it's how long they are responsible for the unit for ... once that's over its your own responsibility if something goes wrong. Every company works like this. Not sure what you're really complaining about. They are a company that has expenses, employees, etc. They need to make money to stay in business. Free out of warranty work goes against business logic.

As for taking two days to get back to you, that's pretty good. They got other customers they might be repairing things for also. It's first come first serve. If you're so depended on an Apex then do what a lot of us do and have a spare on hand for these kind of situations.

Thanks,
    Harry

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raidendex View Post
    Well so far I am very disappointed in the quality of Neptune support, especially in the case of a broken base unit that rendered all other Neptune products I have (3 powerbars, 2 DOS, 2 WAVs, LEDs) useless.

They've received the base Friday noon. I heard nothing back until late Tuesday. Clearly fixing such an important part of the system is not a priority to Neptune. I finally got a notification that I have to pay $50 for repairs (unit is just one year old) with very unclear explanation of what has actually happened to the unit - "An IC was operating marginally". At this point I do not even feel like I should be paying anything for whatever the repairs they are claiming to be doing.

If your product fails at such an early age due to no fault of customer like a power surge or water damage, have some pride in your work and fix it asap without making customer pay more after spending quite a bit on all the parts as is.

Finally, I would think that Neptune would have some sort of quick loaner program where you would get an Apex base unit (even Jr) version to keep you up and running while the repairs are done. But there are no concerns for that here, all they did is offer me to buy another base unit for $200. Thank, but I will not be buying any more of Neptune products and certainly do not feel like I have to pay for another base to feel confident that my tank will not crash due to poor manufacturing of PCB that fail after 1 year of service.
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...y-in-your-life!
    Chad

New User
    Yes, they are a business. Business that sells equipment not fixes it. And I feel pretty ripped off that after investing in quite a bit of it, when the main unit that drives it all breaks shortly after 1 year mark (why is warranty so short anyways...) I have to shell out more money to repair something that is likely not that expensive to them.

In any case, this will save me money in a long run as I will just stay away from buying bunch of supposedly high quality equipment from the same company that becomes useless if one PCB goes bad after a rather short life. Couple $10 timers replaced most of the things I was doing anyways lol. Of course WAVs and DOSs are paper weights till I get base back

Hello everybody

Did you ever get a solution Raidendex ?

Best regards