Thread: Amcrest ProHD 1080P Security Camera with Apex

Regular Vistor

Amcrest ProHD 1080P Security Camera with Apex

Anyone know if this camera will work with the Apex? It looks really good from the reviews.

Frequent Visitor
    Just bought one so hope so!!! Trying to figure it out.

How did this camera work out for you both? I just got mine in the mail here at work. Cant wait to get home and setup!

Regular Vistor
    Working great for me. Takes a bit of networking know how to set it up though. Luckily, Amcrest support is stellar. Customer support rep literally logged into my computer and set me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Has there been any hiccups so far with the camera? I'm thinking about buying an Amcrest ProHD myself, I've heard hooking up a camera to apex fusion can be a nightmare. I have a networking background so I think I can handle it, or Ill contact amcrest support like you did! Is the quality pretty good? Does it adjust well to the extreme white/blue brightness? All advice appreciated!! Thanks in advance

Regular Vistor
    Quality is pretty good. Of course, I don't have much experience with these types of cameras. Camera has been working great for me. I would recommend it for this application and the price point is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New User
    Can anyone tell me the format for the URL for the Apex for the ProHD? I tried using this format and it doesn't work. I called Amcrest and they told me for security reasons it's not possible to have the username and the password in the URL.

http://username:password@IP address/axis-cgi/video.cgi

Regular Vistor
    I used http://user:password@ip:port/axis-cg...cgi?&subtype=1. Using chrome on my desktop the video loads intermittently. What is weird is that if I close chrome and re-open it, the video will sometimes load.

I have had zero success getting the video to load on my android phone. The intermittent aspect of it is quite frustrating.

Regular Vistor
    achkh... The link seems to truncate. After the user:password@address:port/ use axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1.

No help with the issue, but if you put [ C O D E ] http://yourlinkhere.com/blah/blah/bl...gurl/blah/blah [ / C O D E ] it won't truncate. Without the spaces of course...

Like this...
    Code:
      http://yourlinkhere.com/blah/blah/blah/longurl/blah/blah

Regular Vistor
    I'm getting it to load intermittently now on my Android phone and accessing the apex fusion website. If I use any web browser to access the camera directly it comes up right away 100% of the time. This makes me think that the problem likely lies with the apex fusion integration of my camera URL.Screenshot_20161024-102247.jpg

New User
    Thanks Casamalone. So it's just your IP and port , you don't have to list the domain name or anything from the DDNS? I'm just surprised because I would think the 192.168.1.xxx wouldn't be unique to everyone so you would need the domain that was created during the port forward setup. Thanks for any help.

Regular Vistor
    Well, yeah... my router uses a ddns service and I forward a port to the static ip of the camera. From inside your network, you should be able to use your local ip:port (192.168.1.100:80), but you'll have to set up all the other stuff to view remotely.

New User
    Ok thanks that makes sense. Were you able to successfully see it remotely via this method ? Wasn't sure if you tried.

Regular Vistor
    You won't be able to see it through fusion unless you forward the ports because fusion always looks in from the outside. You should be able to check camera operation from inside your network by using the ip address based link in your browser.

At the end of the day, the Fusion view is terrible compared to using amcrests app. I think I'm going to change my fusion dashboard to display a snapshot from the camera instead.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by casalamone View Post
    You won't be able to see it through fusion unless you forward the ports because fusion always looks in from the outside. You should be able to check camera operation from inside your network by using the ip address based link in your browser.

At the end of the day, the Fusion view is terrible compared to using amcrests app. I think I'm going to change my fusion dashboard to display a snapshot from the camera instead.

True very true, I was really just doing it for the fun of it to see it when I pull up the Fusion app. However, it's definitely not necessary ha. I might do the same as you.

Amcrest ProHD 1080P Security Camera with Apex

Quote Originally Posted by casalamone View Post
    You won't be able to see it through fusion unless you forward the ports because fusion always looks in from the outside.
    Nope, not the case. The video stream does not pass through Fusion - it is transferred directly between the camera and the viewing device. Port forwarding enables access if the viewing device is not on the same network as the camera; this is the case regardless of whether or not the video is being wrapped in the Fusion media tile or being displayed in its own browser window.

You can still view video in the Fusion media tile using a local URL without any port forwarding if the computer, phone, or tablet is on the same network as the camera.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Good to know. Thanks for the correction...

Regular Vistor
    RussM... I think your correction actually highlights the cause of my issue here. Maybe you can shed some additional light...

The URL I am using in Fusion is
    Code:
    http://user:password@address:port/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1
    This URL consistently loads without problem if I load directly from the browser. However, when I load the URL via the Fusion media tile, I get an error. The fix is to first load the URL directly in the browser and second access Fusion.

As long as I've accessed the camera directly in the same browser instance first, there is no problem. It seems very similar to a browser instance saving password information for a website across multiple tabs. I'm thinking that the problem has to do with the user:password authentication- specifically, that Fusion isn't able to successfully authenticate with the camera. Some quick searching shows that others are having similar problems with smart tiles in other applications.

Any ideas??