Thread: Email alarm

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar

Email alarm

For the past few years, I've used the old style of email/text alerts. I noticed recently they stopped working... I decided it would be easier to use Fusion for email alerts instead of troubleshooting the old email setup.

However, the emails I'm getting from fusion aren't telling me what is wrong, just that something is wrong. The old style emails would tell me what condition triggered the outlet - now it seems like I get an email every time the switch turns on or off, and it just says Date/Time along with Status ON/OFF and Statement: SET OFF.

Am I missing something?
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Since you haven't got answer in 5 hours Ill reply. I am NOT the program wizard nor have the infamous amount of knowledge as many do here but mine works...

In Fusion have a alarm switch for devise to close switch if statement occurs, set-up an Alert on base_email to include switch closed devise. Hope that makes sense!

EX: statement for text/email on Temp, include the statement on your Alert Config.

Set OFF
    If Temp > 78.5 Then ON
    If Temp < 78.0 Then ON
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON

Fusion sends an email alert when the email alarm outlet turns off - an "all is good" type message, something that is not available with legacy Apex email alarms.

The most common cause of repeated alerts from Fusion containing just the Set OFF is due to the email outlet being manually on instead of in auto. I checked your data on Reeftronics, and this isn't the case for you. I also checked your programming, which is fine.

The most likely thing in your case is that a probe reading may be bouncing right at your configured threshold value, but it's happening so fast that only the "all clear" alert is getting sent.

Enable logging for the email outlet and add Defer 0:15 Then OFF to the program. This should slow things down a bit yet not cause any undesired effects. Then observe for a couple of days to see what might actually be triggering the outlet.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

When the Email alarm outlet turns on, the Fusion alerts do tell what you which statement triggered the alarm, and it is an If Probe statement, the email will also show the current probe reading.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure its the temp setting of the alarm - and it probably is bouncing around the setpoint. I like the idea of deferring the off long enough for the alarm email to register the condition - hopefully that will work.
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles