Thread: WAV Qustion

New User

WAV Qustion

Hello All

I am currently looking for new power heads for my tank and I am stuck between Vortech and the WAV. My question is will the WAV pumps continue to operate if my apex controller was to fail. So if the controller failed for some reason would the module remember the existing settings and continue to run or would the WAV pumps just shutdown.

Thanks!

WAVs have a fallback capability. You can define a profile to be used for this
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks Russ! You just helped me make my decision.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Buy the WAV's. I've owned vortechs and am now just changing over. For the money IMO the WAV's are a better deal.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Buy the WAV's. I've owned vortechs and am now just changing over. For the money IMO the WAV's are a better deal.
    Just started doing some research so my question may already be addressed here somewhere, but you say you owned vortechs before. Were they the QD's or the old style? Both WAV's and Vortechs are great pumps so my main concern is noise. The new Vortech QD's are virtually silent and I wonder how the WAV's compare.

The vortechs were QD. The WAVS are quiet as well. A slight high pitch hum that is hard to hear unless you are canine IMO. You will also be amazed how much it cleans up your cords once you pull all those power supplies and driver boxes out of your stand. Also, having the WAV's in the tank and the cord there really wasn't that obnoxious.

I did a lot of research and waited a long time to pull the trigger. If you own vortechs, they are great pumps, I just wanted the additional information provided by the WAV's. The irony is that out of the box I am having trouble with one of the WAV's and its positional alarm, but I think there is a little tweaking to be done but no big deal.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    I wish I would have gone with the vortechs. Not happy with quality of the wav and having trouble keeping them connected.

Quote Originally Posted by drhead0 View Post
    I wish I would have gone with the vortechs. Not happy with quality of the wav and having trouble keeping them connected.
    I would start a new thread at this point and provide some detail about your concerns as well as maybe giving a little more detail on what you mean about disconnect issues. You never know, we may be able to help.
    Chad