Thread: Auto Top Off Issue. Tricky

New User

Question Auto Top Off Issue. Tricky

Here's my set up.
    My sump is ATOed using a feed line from my RODI supply in the kitchen.

I have a float switch for this to control the feed solenoid. And a safety high float to shut it off if the control float fails. This all works great. (also have a sump overflow piped to drain if the worst ever happens)

Now the issue I had today - the third float, its a safety low level for my return pump. Set low in the sump, just around the pump height (need to move it up to cover completely)

I did some work on the house water line last week - I'm guessing sediment got into the line, enough to clog my my kitchen RODI inlet filter as supply there has slowed to a stop. (I'm out of town for the week - wife relayed condition)
    My sump went low, as the ATO had no supply. (the actual ATO float and solenoid are independent to my apex)
    I received alarms on temp drop and knew I had issues -
    My problem was the Low Low float that stops my return pump if water gets that low. It kept cycling on and off constantly. I need to build in a delay on that Return pump if that socket loses power draw for more than a second. My return pump power supply is plugged to the Low Low float power supply that's plugged into the APEX box.

So ideally, sump would go low low, float would kill power to my return pump, program would see power draw drop at the socket and delay repowering for 5 mins. And kill power to my heaters. I know this can be done somehow.

Any help would be great.

I would have ran my complete ATO system through my APEX but ran out of points and didn't really need to spring for an expansion for something that can run independent. But the Low Low is an issue I can control.

You want to do something along the lines of this, where XXX:XX is how long you want it to stay off before trying to turn the return on again (12 hrs is probably a good bet)

ReturnOFF ( VO )
    Set OFF
    If LowSw CLOSED Then ON
    Min Time XXX:XX Then ON

Return
    (Existing code)
    If Outlet ReturnOFF = ON Then OFF

New User
    Thanks mate, that should do the trick.

Thanks for the quick response.

New User
    No luck. My ReturnOFF VO is not reacting to the RTN-ATO plug being removed and plugged back in- simulating my Low low level float filling power to that plug.
    To be clear - My return pump is plugged into a plug that is controlled (Open/Closed) by the float - the male end of that plug is plugged into my RTN-ATO outlet.

heres my code

New User

Does the float open or close at low low water level? If it opens, you need to use open instead of closed in the code.

New User
    ??? The float plug is powered from the APEX. My return pump is plugged into that float line. When the level gets low the float switch opens - breaking the return pump power source from the Apex. So i need the APEX to see loss of power demand / draw on that socket and then kill power to that socket for XXX minutes before returning power.
    Sorry - i'm sure it sounds confusing.

You can't do that. You can only use the breakout box to determine the state of floats. The apex cannot sense the change in load in an individual outlet, and there are no commands based on amps.