Thread: Connection to Apex times out before loading

Regular Vistor

Connection to Apex times out before loading

The Browser on my computer at work does not support HTML5 and I can't install a new browser due to company restrictions (don't ask ). Therefore, I can't use fusion from work. In addition, no portable electronic devices are permitted in the workspace, so I can't use my phone.

This leaves me with using the classic interface.

I set up port forwarding on the router and tested it at reeftronics. The report says that it works fine.

I set up a DDNS service and tested the domain name at reeftronics and the report says that it works fine and can access the Apex.

When I try to access the apex using the domain_name:port, I get the following:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.xxxxx.duckdns.org is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web

I suspect that I'm missing something simple, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Any advice?

edit: One more thing, if I go to the domain name without the port suffix, I get to the router login page. The firewall on the router is turned off.

Thanks
    Last edited by Rybren; 02-02-2016 at 17:49. Reason: added info

Regular Vistor
    It was something simple - I was trying to access the Apex through my home network using the port forwarding d'oh!

Tried it using the LTE on my phone and got access

Regular Vistor
    So I tried accessing the Classic Dashboard from work and have good news and bad news.

First the good news - I can access the Apex login screen and can successfully log in to the Apex.

Now the bad news - The Classic Dashboard webpages won't load. I get the circle but it doesn't spin and the page just hangs there. I suspect that the issue is that javascript is disabled on the browser. Unfortunately, our machines are so tightly locked down and users have minimal control to adjust anything. So unless I quit my job, I guess that I won't have access to the Apex while at work. Grrrr