Thread: New App in the works?

Frequent Visitor

New App in the works?

Hi,

Obviously your Fusion system is absolutely awesome. I'm sure you'll be adding new features to it as you progress it. Is there any plan to update the original App to be more inline with current design and function? It would be hugely beneficial to myself and I'm sure 1000s of users if we could make some of the core changes that you require the classic dashboard for.

Hope this is in the works.

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    No, Neptune has designed fusion such that viewing the site on mobile is essentially an app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    No, Neptune has designed fusion such that viewing the site on mobile is essentially an app.

Except it isn't. Mobile is mobile. It isn't an app. It is more resource intensive and doesn't offer half the features a decently built app could offer. Things like widgets and push notifications come to mind.

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    i agree but they have stated that they are not doing an app.

New User
    1) Using safari login to Fusion.
    2) swipe to the top of the page, this will show the tool bar at the bottom of the page.
    3) click the icon in the middle ( Box with Arrow pointing up)
    4) select "add to home screen"
    5) you now have a "Fusion" app.

Regular Vistor
    Yes, an app that you have to pretty much log in to every time you want to use it.

-Mike

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by msbreton View Post
    Yes, an app that you have to pretty much log in to every time you want to use it.

-Mike
    I never have that issue, logged in once and never had to again.

Frequent Visitor
    After the Bulk Reef Supply video I guess there is in fact an App now coming?

Regular Vistor
    I also understood that there were indeed a new app coming, with push notifications, firmware updates and other cool features... REALLY looking forward to have this...

Frequent Visitor
    I was also under the impression that part of the "big announcement" were changes/improvements to Fusion and a new IOS, Android at some unspecified later time, App.

Regular Vistor
    I belive the announcement said there will be "Apex Fusion Local?". But I think that was meant for the newly announced Apex not the classic one that we have.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    There are 3 ways to look at data in an Apex.

With the wired display connected to it. The Classic Apex has one and the new Apex does not come with one but one will be available. The Classic will not change, except to add new modules, and the new is different. There are some minor things, like finding the IP address of the Apex, that can only be done with the connected display. You can also find the Apex, new or classic, by asking every device on the local network if it is an Apex and then having the user pick the one she wants.

The second way is by the web server built into the Apex. For the Classic Apex this is the classic dashboard and it will not change, other than minor changes for new equipment. The new Apex will have a different web server built in. The web pages it serves will be similar in look to Fusion, called Fusion Local. The Classic Apex does not have the internal storage/processing power to support the new layout so it will never have Fusion Local.

The third way is for the Apex to communicate data to the outside world and the data to be formatted by the outside world. This is what Fusion does. On an interval it contacts your Apex, over the internet so it only works when the Apex is connected to the internet, and gets the data from the Apex. It stores that data. To "run" Fusion you connect to a web server. The signin process lets the server know what your Apex is and the server uses the data it got from your Apex, along with how you set it up to look, to paint the pretty picture you see. The code for Fusion, which runs on the Neptune server, probably some other company like Amazon really runs the server, and paints your picture will probably be the same for Classic and new Apex. The data it gets from them will be different. For example the new Apex will send additional energy bar information. The data for the other stuff, temperature probes, DOS, etc., probably will be the same.

The new IOS app probably uses the same data Fusion does. The new thing is what it will be able to do with that data. Since it runs with data already obtained from the Apex it will probably run just as well for either Classic or new.

Frequent Visitor
    Is this app likely to make an appearance anytime soon?

The Apex Fusion app was released about two weeks ago.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by p7willm View Post
    The second way is by the web server built into the Apex. For the Classic Apex this is the classic dashboard and it will not change, other than minor changes for new equipment. The new Apex will have a different web server built in. The web pages it serves will be similar in look to Fusion, called Fusion Local. The Classic Apex does not have the internal storage/processing power to support the new layout so it will never have Fusion Local.
    For the sake of clarity, I want to point out that the web interface of the new Apex is called APEX Local - "Fusion" is solely used to denote the cloud-based system, not the local/embedded Apex GUI.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiecorrea View Post
    Except it isn't. Mobile is mobile. It isn't an app. It is more resource intensive and doesn't offer half the features a decently built app could offer. Things like widgets and push notifications come to mind.
    This. With a critical system push notifications are almost a MUST. Receiving an e-mail of a failure is paramount to getting nothing at all.

Apex should scrap their app, rebuild it just to send out alerts. If I want to see my dashboard I can use the web app.

Riad, you quoted an old post. The new app has push notifications.

wow had no idea. was it posted anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The Apex Fusion app was released about two weeks ago.

do we have to enable the push notifications or are they atomically generated when we would get a email or text message?
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Riad, you quoted an old post. The new app has push notifications.

New App in the works?

You'll be promted to enable push notifications when you open the app after installation

Cool seams to work well

Regular Vistor
    I don't like how I have to select my Apex whenever I open the new app. I know that being able to select which Apex to view is an absolute necessity for service companies and people with multiple Apexes, but I think that it would be better for many if it would default to viewing the primary Apex and have an option to boot into the "select Apex" list.

Thanks for keeping a great product line growing!

Frequent Visitor
    Is there an app for the fire tablet ???

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
    I don't like how I have to select my Apex whenever I open the new app. I know that being able to select which Apex to view is an absolute necessity for service companies and people with multiple Apexes, but I think that it would be better for many if it would default to viewing the primary Apex and have an option to boot into the "select Apex" list.

Thanks for keeping a great product line growing!
    Agreed 100%
    If there is only one apex, the app should default to it without having to select it.
    If more than one then could default to picking from those available.