Thread: Multiple Energy Bars

Multiple Energy Bars

Ok first I have to tell you I am very new to all of this - first reef tank, first go at a controller of any kind. I am just days away from filling this tank and getting everything going. I am going to have a few questions I'm sure... Hopefully they won't won't sound too "stupid"
    Here goes the first one... In the bottom of my cabinet I have two energy bars.. An 8 and a 4. Hooking the USB or aqua bus cables up to them - maybe I am missing the instructions somewhere.. ? Go easy on me if so and this is easy
    Thanks in advance..

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I don't see your question. But I think you are asking how you connect the eb8/eb4. Everything in the apex is connected via aquabus cables. The ones that look like 2 headed usb cables that come with your apex. So on the EB8 you will see 6 usb type connections. 6 different modules could be connected as long as one of those is your apex base unit. So where it says "Aquabus" on you base unit, plug one aquabus(usb) cable into that and the other end into one of your energy bars. Now you can connect the second energy bar to the first one, or you could use the 2nd aquabus port on you apex base unit. It is very user friendly from that standpoint. Once you get one of your modules connected to the apex base unit you can connect all of the modules together using existing ports on those modules. (I said modules a lot there ) So for you, connect to an eb8, then connect the eb8 to the eb4 etc..Once you expand and buy more modules/probes etc you can connect those modules to open ports on any of the existing available ports on your system. The only thing to avoid is total cable length of greater than 200' and use only cables approved for apex use. Also, make sure not to connect anything in a loop. So for example, don't connect the eb8 to the apex base unit, then to the eb4, and then run another cable from the eb4 back to the apex.

Also, there is a ton of info in this forum as well as in the Comprehensive Reference Manual which can be found up top on this forum under Neptune Links->Documentation
    Chad

That is very helpful , thank you !