Thread: Has this happened to anyone

Has this happened to anyone

I'm running a JBL Arctica 1/5 Hp with my Apex as a controller. I have it running through an EB8. Now mind you this is the 2nd time this has happened the 1st time I thought it was the chiller as I had purchased it used now I'm beginning to wonder as this is a brand new unit. The problem is after running it for about 6 months I start to get an error code that no one even at JBL understands the chiller starts to flash F2 error. If your familiar with the chiller when it 1st powers on it cycles for about 3 minutes than the Compressor kicks in and starts to cool. Now all that happens is after the 3 minutes the chiller flashes F2 and starts the entire cycling process over. This can continue for as long as 3 hours tell randomly the compressor comes on. Reason I'm wondering if the Apex has anything to do with it is when I went to JBL the guy there said that it's possible that the apex could have been the root of the problem with the 1st chiller. I know very little about electrical issues or AMP's so I'm hoping one of you guys has a suggestion other than plugging it straight into a wall socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    F2 means the controller is not making good contact in your aquarium chiller. Somehow upon doing the maintenance the controller was moved or lost connection.

1. Un-plug the chiller from the power outlet.
    2. Press down on the controller with both thumbs and pull towards you at the same time.
    3. The controller will pop out.
    4. Disconnect the 2 quick disconnects for 30 minutes (this will erase the memory chip)
    5. Plug the quick disconnects and reset and re-calibrate the chiller.

Wow I tried this and it worked thank you ... Can you elaborate on what F2 is and why the apex triggers it?

Phisher12

Frequent Visitor
    I'm not sure, I found that through google. I think what is happening is the chiller and controller are having communication problems probably because of being turned off by the Apex. I think normally they would recommend you leave the unit on all the time and let the controller, control when to turn on and off the chiller.