Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Beautiful tank, wish mine was that full stocked

Jon
    Thanks Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic User
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    ..spinning slower and impeller change...
    Great news that Neptune Systems is at lease investigating these two options for the WAV powerheads! It would be particularly nice if they end up implementing both options for us. Even more better ( mother would kill me for that construct) if the options are field upgrades that we can perform ourselves or if Neptune provides a means for us to send WAV units back for them to do the mods.

fab

Frequent Visitor
    Am I missing something? Motorboats have the option to change the propellers while maintaining the same engine RPMs. Different props have different blade angles which determine the boat speed.

New User
    I'll do a plus 1! I agree we need a smaller pumps too!

Classic User
    [QUOTE=sjdragonslayer;104462]Different props have different blade angles which determine the boat speed.[/QUOTE]

fab

Regular Vistor
    +1

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trailermann View Post
    Am I missing something? Motorboats have the option to change the propellers while maintaining the same engine RPMs. Different props have different blade angles which determine the boat speed.
    It's not that simple. In "smart" pumps like the WAVs and other advanced pumps, the propeller is part of a carefully engineered system. A change in the prop would change the load characteristics, which in turn affects things like stall and overspeed detection, vibration and noise production, etc.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    After reading this and multiple forums on the WAV and 60 gallon tanks, I must reluctantly conclude that these pumps are not for my new build. I will be buying two Tunze I think. Too bad as I like everything else about the pump except the lack of any low power option.

Former User
    We are actively looking at two options (spinning slower and impeller change) but we don't have any official news yet.

Is it possible to have a progress report on whether either of these two options are likely to be implemented and if so when. At present dont feel able to take full advantage of these because only able to run at 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by mlandscape View Post
    Is it possible to have a progress report on whether either of these two options are likely to be implemented and if so when. At present dont feel able to take full advantage of these because only able to run at 1%.
    Sry not going to happen...... I would try and adjust your placement. https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...=wav+placement

Former User
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for the lick.
    Hopefully I might get a response from Terence as well.

Frequent Visitor

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Count me as one of the nano guys that would love to see either a less-efficient impeller or some sort of amazing firmware update that would be more nano-friendly. My 40gal Innovative Marine currently has some amazing flow! I just worry that one day I'm going to come home to find shards of glass hanging out of my walls and a wet floor when the WAVs go nuts and ramp up to anything over about 4%! As much as I would love to solve the issue with greater tank volume, I haven't been able to get my wife's firmware updated to make that an option yet...

Regular Vistor
    OK, I read this thread and others on various forums and product reviews all complaining about these pumps. So I bought two Tunze 6055's. Over Black Friday I just could resist buying one WAV to see for myself. For my 60 Cube, this is a great pump and I'm not having any issues. I could see issues with smaller nano's perhaps. Please note my systems is designed for high flow with sand baffles and larger grained sand. However, I am able to dial down the WAV to meet my demands for high flow.

Plus one here also. I thought I heard on a BRStv video a smaller WAV is coming. I need something like the Tunze 6095 for very broad flow in a 36" tank to put on a SeaSweep. The Osci-wave motion with the SeaSweep coupled with the pulsing of the powerhead will eliminate dead spots and the need for a second powerhead. I'm counting on NS.

Former User
    Terence Is there any further update on your research into this. Still eagerly awaiting the outcome and time scale. Many thanks
    We are actively looking at two options (spinning slower and impeller change) but we don't have any official news yet.

New User
    +1 Many people I bet are about to buy, research and boom too much flow. Common neptune! Smaller ones!

Former User
    Maybe Terence will decide to provide a meaningful update sooner rather than later. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NepNoob View Post
    +1 Many people I bet are about to buy, research and boom too much flow. Common neptune! Smaller ones!

Former User
    Following the recent posting on YouTube by Neptune about the Wavs I managed to get this reply from them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhVRO-2AYts

"We have looked at doing it - as of right now we don't think we would be able to bring the flow down to a level where customers would be satisfied by throttling down the RPM. We have other testing still going on."

I did ask for a timescale on the other testing and this was the response.

"S
    orry, we have no more information to share publicly on this."

Hope this keeps people in the loop even if we are no further forward.

Regular Vistor
    On one of the treads somewhere it wa suggested to put the Wav on the corner overflow. I tried this today angling across the 60 cube. This has resulted in the best performance yet. I can run 100% and not disturb the sand.

Former User
    Quote Originally Posted by nhlives View Post
    On one of the treads somewhere it wa suggested to put the Wav on the corner overflow. I tried this today angling across the 60 cube. This has resulted in the best performance yet. I can run 100% and not disturb the sand.
    Whilst I have a corner overflow it is on an Elos 100 and you cant get the magnet inside the overflow box.

Frequent Visitor
    So it has been almost a year since Terence's reply. Any update on the two options?

Frequent Visitor
    +1 for a smaller version

Former User
    See my post #69 above which should update you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    So it has been almost a year since Terence's reply. Any update on the two options?

Control Freak In Training
    Too bad, I think I could immediately put 8 of these to work! Since there isn't even a timetable I will probably look to Tunze!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast