Thread: second wav not shown in system

New User

second wav not shown in system

just got my WAV starter kit, installed last night, firmware 4.40 updated. The 1Link is shown, but only ONE WAV pump shows up in the interface, the second WAV pump is not showing. Tried all 3 ports on the 1Link still no luck. Could be a bad pump? Any input please.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Follow these steps.

1 Disconnect the 1Link from the apex by removing the aquabus cable and power supply. Wait for 30 seconds to a minute.
    2 Disconnect both WAV pumps from the 1Link
    3 Go into apex classic dash and delete the 1Link module as well as any WAV module showing the "Module Setup Page"
    4 Connect the 1Link Aquabus cable into the 1Link and wait for a solid green status light
    5 Go into module setup page and update the 1Link module firmware, wait for this to complete successfully
    6 Plug in the power supply to the 1Link
    7 Connect 1 Wav pump to the 1Link, wait to make sure it shows up in "Module Setup Page"
    8 Update the Wav Modules firmware
    9 Plug in 2nd Wav pump to 1link. Make sure it shows up in "Module Setup Page", update Wav firmware

Let me know if any step doesn't work.
    Chad

New User
    thanks for your help, Chad, will try tonight.

New User
    Chad, it worked like a charm. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Hi Guys, going to jump in here as I'm also having a problem. I didn't have any luck hooking up the starter kit for the first time so went looking and found this thread. I followed the get started guide but can't get past adding the individual wav modules, they don't appear in the menu, just the 1link does. Tried updating fw on that module but can't go anywhere from there. Tried the process above but cant get past step 7 cause they don't show. Any more advice?

Running current FW

Frequent Contributor
    Make sure you have power brick plugged into a regular household outlet (Not and EB8) and with the AquaBus disconnected from the 1Link what is the status light showing?

Look on the 1Link power brick and look to make sure that it has a green indicator light saying it also has power.
    Jon

Frequent Visitor

Well this is embarrassing to admit - I had the power supply plugged into a dj strip and didn't turn the switch on. Oops.

But now I'm not seeing all the tiles appear in the unused window, according to the manual there should be 5. I have two, link a & link b. Would you suggest I delete and do the process above one more time?

Frequent Visitor
    So they appeared, took a few minutes. I think I'm good, embarrassed, but good.

Thanks Jon.

Frequent Contributor
    Don't be embarrassed because I asked the question as it happens more then you would think...no judgement here...you can now help people in a similar situation
    Jon

New User
    I have WAV starter kit for 1 year, no issues until now. Today I have The same issue, one of the wav disappeared from both classic dashboard and fusion. I mad all the steps above many times and I can only see one wav. the strange thing that both wavs are working but still only one of them showing.

New User
    I I have been having the exact same problem over the last week or so. In my case, I figured out that only one port, port 2, actually registers that the wav is plugged in. On occasion, the port 1 or port 3 will allow the second wave to turn on, but is inconsistent and it will not show up in the fusion. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Neptune Friday night trying to fix the problem. They couldn't really figure it out. They think it is a hardware issue with either 1link and/or the Wavs. It's out of warranty and I don't want to fool with these things anymore. I think I'm going to buy another brand of powerheads and stay away from wavs in future.

New User
    Chad,
    I have this same issue. I went thru your steps, and the 2nd WAV will not show up. When I do plug in the 2nd WAV the 1st stops working till I unplug the 2nd one.
    If I try to setup the 2nd one 1st, it still does not find it.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubois View Post
    Chad,
    I have this same issue. I went thru your steps, and the 2nd WAV will not show up. When I do plug in the 2nd WAV the 1st stops working till I unplug the 2nd one.
    If I try to setup the 2nd one 1st, it still does not find it.
    I also have this issue. I have an Apex (2016) with three EB832 and have been running two WAV's plugged directly into two separate EB832's. Today one WAV stopped working. On my module list the failed WAV status was listed as "disconnected" I tried unplugging the WAV and re starting the APEX and the status did not change. Finally I deleted the WAV and tried to reinstall it at one of the other EB832's. If I plug it into the EB832 with the functioning WAV the functioning WAV stops and a "disconnected" status is indicated. If I plug it into the third EB832 or the original the APEX doesn't locate the new pump and no tiles are created and I'm not able to reinstall it. Also all Link tiles disappear for the EB832 that the WAV is plugged into when it is plugged in.
    Last edited by Bill M; 02-07-2019 at 18:11. Reason: Additional Information

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
    I also have this issue. I have an Apex (2016) with three EB832 and have been running two WAV's plugged directly into two separate EB832's. Today one WAV stopped working. On my module list the failed WAV status was listed as "disconnected" I tried unplugging the WAV and re starting the APEX and the status did not change. Finally I deleted the WAV and tried to reinstall it at one of the other EB832's. If I plug it into the EB832 with the functioning WAV the functioning WAV stops and a "disconnected" status is indicated. If I plug it into the third EB832 or the original the APEX doesn't locate the new pump and no tiles are created and I'm not able to reinstall it. Also all Link tiles disappear for the EB832 that the WAV is plugged into when it is plugged in.
    Open a support incident with them. After telling them what I had done for troubleshooting and what was working and what the broken WAV was doing, they sent me an RMA. I shipped the broken one back and as soon as I gave them a tracking number they shipped me a replacement.

New User
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll try contacting Neptune.

New User
    prdubois . I have sent you a PM

New User

Worked like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Make sure you have power brick plugged into a regular household outlet (Not and EB8) and with the AquaBus disconnected from the 1Link what is the status light showing?

Look on the 1Link power brick and look to make sure that it has a green indicator light saying it also has power.
    The key was the brick being plugged into the EB8 and not the wall. Followed the deleting and reconnecting steps and back in business.