Thread: Referencing posts in forum threads

Classic User

Referencing posts in forum threads

When posting on the forum, how do you refer to a specific post in a thread in order to provide a link to it?

The post number on the right side of the gray bar above each post is actually a hyperlink. Right-Click on it to open in a new tab or windows, then copy the full URL. Or Right-click on it and select Copy Link Location or the equivalent in your browser of choice.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Classic User
    Thank you RussM. I am usually using a smart phone (LG G3) when I am on the forum. I do not have anything on the phone to "right click" with. I played aroung with it, based on your explanation. It finally worked when I touched the post number and held it for a couple of seconds. That must be the equivalent of a "right click." Thank you. fab

New User
    Ok dumb question. New to forum...and can't locate anywhere tab to start a new thread. I must be missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by s2minute View Post
    Ok dumb question. New to forum...and can't locate anywhere tab to start a new thread. I must be missing something?
    On the forum main page, you'll see a listing of all the various sub-forums. Chose the one that is most suitable for the topic of your intended post. For example, if you have a programming-related question, choose one of the "Apex Programming for ...." sub-forums. Click to go into that sub-forum, then you will see a large gray Post New Thread button. Click that to start a new thread.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Classic User
    Quote Originally Posted by s2minute View Post
    s2minute,
    There are no dumb questions. There may, however, be some embarrassingly obvious answers.
    Welcome to the community forum!

You will find superb help here, always civil and polite, regardless of how obvious the answers may turn out to be sometimes. This forum is a great resource. It pays to browse the threads and take note of those you think might help you in the future. You will learn a lot here that is not available anywhere else.

You will find, for one example, that RussM who first replied to you above, consistently provides the most concise, accurate, relevant and to the point replies to all kinds of questions, pleas for help, and general discussions. I've never seen anything like it on any aquarium forum out there.

So welcome and good luck to you,
    fab