Thread: Verizon Fios router help

New User

Verizon Fios router help

Hello,

I received my apex lite yesterday and was attempting port forwarding with HeneryH's excellent post. I ended up making some mistake and had to reset my router.

I can still control the Apex from my computer but the apex unit no longer shows up in My Network on the Verizon router web page.
    If I go into Advanced>I.P Address Distribution>Connection List and manual add the Apex unit the DHCP connection Status is Expired.

I am not to network savvy but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor
    Later on in that thread I point out that I think there is a bug in Apex about it not requesting a new address when the DHCP lease expires. To be honest I forgot about that because at the time I worked around it by making the address static at 192.168.1.50.

That is the quickest fix. Go into the Apex and turn off DHCP and set the address manually.

I think no one else believed me at the time that there was a bug.

New User

This might help

Hi,

I know I'm too late for this reply but this method worked for me. So, I'm just putting it out there so that other people too can refer to it.

You can connect using either a wired (LAN) or WiFi connection. Reset your router by pressing and holding down the reset button.

1. Open a browser and go to 192.168.1.1

This is the gateway for your router and a login screen will appear.

2. Enter username and password

The default FiOS router administrator password is located on the sticker on the side of your router.

Username: admin
    Password: (your password)

You're logged in!

This guide from Verizon might be helpful too. You can always look at alternative ways to fix it if this one doesn't work for you.

One should not do port forwarding to an Apex to get remote access - Use Apex Fusion instead.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    One should not do port forwarding to an Apex to get remote access - Use Apex Fusion instead.
    I agree for the most part, but on a classic apex I will not go out of town without port forwarding enabled or remote desktop set up on my home computer in case I need to access the classic dashboard. On the new apex I don't bother with port forwarding at all.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.