Thread: Unsure?

Frequent Visitor

Unsure?

This morning I was testing somethings on Classic Apex network tab, and checked "Initial All" and updated, everything went out now only certain functions are working. I can't communicate w/ Classic or Fusion says disconnected, even my iPhone plus Neptune App dose not connect? so I deleted App hit search and a completely new Apex addr (192.168.1.50) came up. So i figure I need to do a Port forward right? I have Comcast. I can't seem to get it to work for me, can you help me w/ this. Thanks!

Initialize All resets the Apex back to factory defaults. If you have a backup file, you can restore it. If you don't, you will need to reconfigure it from scratch. And you will also need to re-link in to Fusion.

Port forwarding won't help - it does not have anything to do with Apex Fusion communications.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks RussM, I do have old backups in my Mac applications (FW-updates) from old updates, will I be able to use these? If so can you walk me through...hate to start from scratch, Wow !! thanks

- - - Updated - - -

i may have old backups, where do i find them/locate?

Old firmware updates won't help. Backups are made using the Load/Save page in the classic dashboard. Have you ever done that? If you have, then you have one or more backups saved on your computer.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    yes, just don't know where they are. Now, on another post you talk about initializing aquabus outlets from the controller, will this help? if so how do I do it? my whole system is out!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon1 View Post
    This morning I was testing somethings on Classic Apex network tab, and checked "Initial All" and updated
    What exactly were you testing/trying to do? I just noticed that you said Network tab, but the Initialize options are not there - they are on the Misc setup page.

Even if you do have a backup, you'll need to be able to access the classic dashboard to load it. Use the display menu... go to System->Net setup. Check that DHCP is enabled. Enabled it if it isn't. Then scroll to the Restart menu item and select that. After the Apex reboots, go back to System->Net setup, scroll to IP Address, and then use that IP address in your web browser address bar. Since you had Initialized All, the login username and password will be the default ones: admin & 1234.

yes, just don't know where they are. Now, on another post you talk about initializing aquabus outlets from the controller, will this help? if so how do I do it? my whole system is out!
    Thanks
    No, it won't help - you already initialized "all", which includes initializing outlets and AquaBus.

Frequent Visitor
    ok, i am able to connect to classic dashboard now, is it possible to do backup from here?

- - - Updated - - -

i have tiles but not my original ones

ok, i am able to connect to classic dashboard now, is it possible to do backup from here?(
    It's pointless to do a backup at this point. After you have reconfigured the system, then start making backups after making significant changes.

Frequent Visitor
    what I mean is can I restore old backs...

what I mean is can I restore old backs...
    If you have do backup files, yes.

Frequent Visitor
    how do i do this?

Go to Configuration->Load/Save. Click Browse and locate & select the most recent backup file (the default name is apexcfg.bin). Click the Select All button, then click Restore Configuration. Wait 2-3 minutes, then see if the restore worked. A word of warning - doing that Init All may have caused your modules and outlets to be in a different order than they were before. If that happened, then the system might no longer match the data in the backup file. After restore is compete, check things out carefully and thoroughly - make sure each outlet slider controls the outlet it should.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks RussM, got some functionality back. The latest back up I had was July 2015. The tiles are still updating, but I seem to loss some tiles, I will do an update to the latest firmware and see if that brings back, new wav pumps, DOS etc. Thanks again!

Go ahead and do the firmware update, although it probably won't make any difference.

What were you trying to do when you inadvertently wiped your Apex clean?

Frequent Visitor
    … Downloaded new software update, disconnected wi-Fi, and connected directly to aqua bus via ethernet, won't let me update, says network unreachable?

Frequent Visitor
    Firmware update

Frequent Visitor
    Update: I was lucky enough to have a July 2015 backup and installed it, and when I changed the last two digits of the Apex IP adr I was able to upgrade to latest FW, so all is well again. A word of caution, stay away from the Mic Tab "initial All" option on bottom of Classic Apex unless you want to reset/start over, it will set you back to scratch, lesson learned the Hard Way!

Cheers