Thread: Aquacontroller... Hotkeys?

Question Aquacontroller... Hotkeys?

I was wondering is there anyway to push or hold a button on the display and make the system do what I want it to do. For example walk up to display and push or hold the arrow down button it would start a feed mode, or push or hold the arrow up button to turn off just my skimmer. If so then how do I do this.... and if not then why not? I mean these are exactly cheap!

Frequent Visitor
    You can do this using the built in feed modes. Set the length of the feed mode using the classic dashboard. Then program the outlets to correspond with the desired feed mode. The up and down arrows on the display will cycle through the feed modes, just stop on the one you want to engage.

I know that. What I'm asking is there anyway to basically program the buttons to do what I want to. So I don't have to cycle through menus for the feed modes.

Frequent Visitor

Aquacontroller... Hotkeys?

Just push the down arrow once, that activates feeda, press it twice, feedb etc. No menus, just a couple clicks.

Ok thanks. Do the other arrows do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by New to the hobby View Post
    Ok thanks. Do the other arrows do anything?
    Yes, all keys do something. If you spend a few minutes going though the menu system, it's pretty easy to figure out. Press the center button to enter the menu.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I know I was asking if you could program them to do what I want from the main menu...like push the up arrow and just my skimmer would turn off. That sorta thing.

No, the button functions are not user-configurable.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Ok thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Remember that FeedA or FeedB is just a name. They can do whatever you program them to do. They don't have to be used exclusively for feeding. in fact I believe the Comprehensive Reference Manual even talks about using a Feed mode for skimmer maintenance. Check it out, there may be some good ideas in there you can use.

Frequent Visitor
    You can definitely set it up so that if you hit the up arrow, only once, your skimmer will shut off. And if you press the down arrow, something different happens. Double tap up, or down, and 2 more different things happen.

Please tell me how to do this.

Yeah I have my feed modes set the way I want. a=10 min feed,b=30 min feed,c=skimmer matience, d=cleaning

Frequent Visitor
    Do you have the 'if feed x' lines of code in the corresponding outlets? If so, just press the up arrow on the display and one of the feed modes will be activated.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    You can also purchase a BOB and hook up single pole type pushbuttons (look like pinball flipper buttons on mine) that you can push and tell the apex what to do if one is pushed. Even tell it what to do if it is held down for a period of time. Really handy for special light profiles, shutting down certain pumps, or turning on lights like sump lights when you want to take a quick peak.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    You can also purchase a BOB and hook up single pole type pushbuttons (look like pinball flipper buttons on mine) that you can push and tell the apex what to do if one is pushed. Even tell it what to do if it is held down for a period of time. Really handy for special light profiles, shutting down certain pumps, or turning on lights like sump lights when you want to take a quick peak.
    Do you have any link for these buttons....thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar

Any electronics store or hardware store has something similar. Even the modest hardware store I live close to has the simple pushbutton switches. They can be normally open or closed, but most I've seen are normally open until you push the button. That closes your circuit which the BOB perceives like a float switch closing and you can direct programming as such. This one looks like it may light up, but the BOB doesn't provide any power to do so. Mine are just plain black and mounted under my cabinet on a piece of bent acrylic. A very easy DIY project.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Some of these buttons are momentary connections, meaning when you release it the circuit opens again. Others will click into position and stay on until you press them again to turn them off.m just be aware of what your trying to do and which you want.