Thread: Dimmable T5 Miro-4 LET

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar

Dimmable T5 Miro-4 LET

I've been looking for a good sunrise/sunset option, and these are cheaper than any of the LED options I've found so far that dim to near 0. Says they accept 0-10v control.

Anyone using these? For the price I think I'm going to five them a try. Can't hurt.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/2-x-39...-lighting.html
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Frequent Visitor
    I've been looking at those too. I would like to get two sets mainly to suppliment my two Radion xrw30 pro gen2's that will be going over my 100 gallon tank. I've seen tanks with led/t5s and they look really nice. Not a bad price for them either. I like the Aruba Suns because they are one unit plug and play retro fit kits but they are not dimmable. I'd have to replace the ballast to make them dimmable. I may just spring for the micros. Sigh... More money... :-)

I am in the process of installing 4 pairs of these to supliment my Zetlights on my 300 gallon , i will post when im done.

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaurier7 View Post
    I am in the process of installing 4 pairs of these to supliment my Zetlights on my 300 gallon , i will post when im done.
    Bumping an old post... how about that follow-up?

Mainly looking for confirmation that these dim to 0 or very close. My kessils turn on/off at about 17% power and I am looking for something to bridge the gap for a seamless sunrise/sunset.
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

New User
    i have them running on my tank now as a retrofit in my canopy. Yes they will dim to 1ish%. Make sure you burn in the bulbs before dimming.

Apex User
    I've been running a pair for about six months now. They'll only dim to 10% per 0-10v dimming, so the light is still visible and is by no means "dim" or "moonlight"-ish.

New User
    can you post your script? i cant get mine to turn on, even with the profiles set up. it's going through the motions but not actually sending a on/off signal

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrZ View Post
    can you post your script? i cant get mine to turn on, even with the profiles set up. it's going through the motions but not actually sending a on/off signal
    Just use the lighting wizard unless you are going fancy with the season table.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Just use the lighting wizard unless you are going fancy with the season table.

thank you, it was the cable with a frayed connector that wasn't pushing the signal to the ballast. have a new one ordered for friday delivery.

New User
    I'm getting ready to set my 4 54watt lights up with Kessil a360w and am wondering if the cable to VDM is as simple as 2 wires connected to a RJ11 /RJ45. Help Please Does I matter which color goes where or is it just plug ad play

New User
    Bump I have them connected and have used the wizard to create a scheme. Problem is they only only light in a dim mode and never get any brighter. Zombie can you help me out and maybe point me in the right direction. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jisherwood View Post
    Bump I have them connected and have used the wizard to create a scheme. Problem is they only only light in a dim mode and never get any brighter. Zombie can you help me out and maybe point me in the right direction. Thanks
    Can't point you in the right direction without knowing how it's setup, model numbers, pictures, etc.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Can't point you in the right direction without knowing how it's setup, model numbers, pictures, etc.

Ok here is my info;Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 5.50.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-10 at 5.51.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-10 at 5.51.39 PM.png
    Anything you let me know. When thay are not plugged into Apex they are on full. When I plug the cable in they dim to about 10-15%

My best guess is that you have a wiring issue. Based on what little info I could find, it seems you had to DIY a cable. Post pics of the cabling and of the wiring diagram in the instructions which came with the kit.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Russm
    Back on 5-7-2014 you posted the pin-outs for a VS Jack
    VS1 or VS3 Pin 5 (+) & Pin 6 (-),
    VS2 or VS4: Pin 1(+) & Pin 2 (-).

So I cut a RJ45 network cable and wired it as follows:

VS1 = BLUE \WHITE + (PIN 5)
    VS3 = GREEN - (PIN 6)

VS2 = ORANGE/WHITE + (PIN 1)
    VS4 = ORANGE - (PIN 2)

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 9.03.20 AM.png
    any help would be super also I have 2 ballast for a total of 4 54 watt bulbs
    Thanks
    Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jisherwood; 11-11-2017 at 08:06. Reason: forgot some info

Dimmable T5 Miro-4 LET

That does not tell us how you wired the other end of the cable to the LED driver.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    OK
    VS3
    pin1 - control side orange/white
    pin2 - Dimming Orange
    VS4
    Pin5 - Control blue/white
    Pin6 - Dimming Green
    Picture to follow once I get off work
    Last edited by jisherwood; 11-11-2017 at 11:53. Reason: editting

New User
    20171112_134926.jpg20171112_134944.jpg
    Wiring and ballast pics as promised,both ballast are wired identically. What else have I missed?

One of two things most likely. Either you misread white/blue where it was actually white/green or you misunderstood which pins were what number. Please provide a picture of the Ethernet cable showing what colors hit what pins.

New User
    OK network RJ45 is wired as T-568B...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jisherwood; 11-14-2017 at 06:52. Reason: add pics

New User
    Bump.....

Looks like you used the wrong wire. You have white blue connected and it should be white green.