Thread: Apex recently started to ask for username and password for IPcameras - why?

Regular Vistor

Apex recently started to ask for username and password for IPcameras - why?

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. It was working before and I will admit I had not logged into it, but I never had to enter the username and password for the Ip cameras before.

the cameras are foscam's FI8918W's. the string I am using in my apex dashboard is:

http://Admin:[email protected]

IP removed and YY is the port I am using.

this is for my camera I can view from outside my network.

On my camera for inside my networking the string is exactly the same as above just with a different IP address (obviously).

the camera's work once you enter the admin/passwords, but it is annoying and I would like to fix it if anyone has a suggestion?

thank you

Are you using a different browser now? Internet Explorer does not support passing of the username & password in the URL; I have not tested, but I suspect that Edge does not support it as well.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    yes actually using a newer pc vs the mac I used to use to access the apex. it is a dell windows box using edge browser. I am pretty sure my firefox browser on the same pc did the same thing, but I am going to try that now just to be sure

Regular Vistor
    at first I thought the new msft browser was the issue, but switching to FF on the same PC I get asked for a username and password for each of the 6 instances of the IP cam's I have setup (3 internal and 3 external)

any other suggestions? I tried from the outside coming through my router and I get the same thing, once I enter the username and password for all camera instances they work externally as well (wifi off, using my iPhone coming through carrier network)

EDIT: I also downloaded a crome browser on this new PC to try that, when I use crome to access fusion I don't get prompted for the username and password, however the cameras don't show up on the dashboard at all. I look over at firefox and edge and it is working (after of course entering username/password)

externally it works if I enter username on my IPhone as well.

Try this using FF:

Copy the URL from the media tile and paste it into a new browser tab. When prompted by FF, let it save the login info. Repeat for each camera URL. Close FF completely, run it again and see what happens.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    will try right now....stay tuned :-)

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Try this using FF:

Copy the URL from the media tile and paste it into a new browser tab. When prompted by FF, let it save the login info. Repeat for each camera URL. Close FF completely, run it again and see what happens.

Regular Vistor
    No luck, using the latest FF version I copy the string from apex into a new browser. It does say 'you are about to enter a site (IP address) as Admin'. my option is yes or no, select yes and it then asks for the admin and password. from there the camera shows up on the browser tab, but it does not ask me to save the password in saved logins. I even went into the 'security' tab and checked saved logins, they do not show up there only direct site logins like my password for www.apexfusion.com

I am going to go try my old mac I set it up on originally

Regular Vistor
    Original PC I set the cameras up with did the same thing so I am stumped. the only thing I can think of is I did give the guy from the fish store access to apex for me when I am away, maybe he messed something up and thought he fixed it. It is now requested admin and password on all browsers, an iPhone, BlackBerry and on two different PC's.