Thread: vortec power down

New User

vortec power down

as the title says,my mp's have powerdown to 15% unless I take them off auto that's what they stay on. my return pump and skimmer will only go on if I take them off auto. the only thing that I have done is Saturday I replace 1 of the wetside with a new one and changed out my Co2 tank, other than that I haven't downloaded or change anything.

thank you in advance for any of your input or suggestions.

found issue , I added another 3b8 to the system and it had that had a command that was also controlling them . I'm just going to delete as its a light outlet .

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Vortechs don't need to be plugged into an Eb8 if you can avoid it then I would as it is a waste of an outlet IMO.

Glad you figured the issue out.
    Chad

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Vortechs don't need to be plugged into an Eb8 if you can avoid it then I would as it is a waste of an outlet IMO.

Glad you figured the issue out.
    your right I have them all in a separate strip and that strip is plug into 1 outlet from EB8 . what I found out is that I added an old EB8 and linked it , there was and outlet or something that generate a code controlling sump light which told it to reduce power to vortech while it was on and turn off skimmer and return pump.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    What programming do you actually have in your vortech (virtual outlets)? If you like you could copy and paste in a post here and we could take a look to see what might be going on.
    Chad