Thread: DIY Doser Mixing

Regular Vistor

DIY Doser Mixing

While at RAP I saw where a company had a magnetic mixing station that they sold which integrated with their dosing pump. This allowed users to keep any liquids mixed that needed to be, I am thinking about bacterial supplements. My question is has anyone built any home device and linked it to their APEX to accomplish this? What they were selling was really cool, it was a simple stand that your dosing container sat on and then you dropped a bar shaped magnet in the bottom of your container. There was a motor inside the stand that when activated made the magnet inside your dosing container spin. Again simple but effective and cool. I had thought about creating something myself with small electric motors that kept the liquid mixed but I like the idea of the magnet because you would not need a shaft dropping into your container from the motor if I went that route.

Classic User
    You will need to make sure the magnet (iron) and its coating will not react with any of your dosing liquids. It must not leech any substance into the liquid or you will be dosing that substance into your aquarium.

The same goes for the dosing containers' materials of construction.

Regular Vistor
    Yea I had planned on using acrylic for the container. I was not necessarily looking to use magnets inside of the container just saw that and thought it was cool. I was more interested in hearing if anyone had built any DIY mixing stations for dosing liquids. Does not have to be using a magnet, could still be something motor driven. I would just like to see what others are using if anything.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by autgr4life View Post
    Yea I had planned on using acrylic for the container. I was not necessarily looking to use magnets inside of the container just saw that and thought it was cool. I was more interested in hearing if anyone had built any DIY mixing stations for dosing liquids. Does not have to be using a magnet, could still be something motor driven. I would just like to see what others are using if anything.
    Search Amazon for "stir plate" and you will find some examples you could use.