Thread: really cant understand this, please help

Frequent Visitor

really cant understand this, please help

So i just got a new modem from time warner and new faster internet, now I cant connect to fusion and update my firmware. I don't understand...below is a pic of the errors I am getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you try restarting the Apex?

Check that the DHCP setting is enabled. Using the display, go to System->Net setup.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    If you switched modems depending on how it was all set up with the older equipment the IP lease may be off. Reboot the Apex and make sure it connects with a new DHCP lease to the new network. Then make sure Fusion can talk to it then try again after rebooting your computer just in case as well. Also make sure this is wired to your network. I see these errors when trying to connect to the Apex if there is a wired adapter.

Frequent Visitor
    Well I have the cable going from my apex to my modem, and another from the modem to my computer. Otherwise it would be wireless and I was told not to do that. I will try to reboot the apex, is this simply done by unplugging it, I am worried i will loose my preset controls like my heater, dosing pumps ect?

You won't lose the Apex programming. You can unplug power. To reboot, all you need to do really is disconnect the EB from the Apex base for a few seconds. You can also restart using the display: System->Net Setup->Restart.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    so I tried restarting the apex, still getting these error messages. Is there a human I can physically call like techicanal assistance?

Are you sure that the Apex flash app is using the Apex's current IP address? Does the Apex appear when you use the search for controllers function in the app?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by slayerhellfire View Post
    so I tried restarting the apex, still getting these error messages. Is there a human I can physically call like techicanal assistance?
    While russ is awesome and can help you figure it out. You can start a ticket with Neptune via the "Neptune Links" above. They will try to solve your problem via email first, but if they cannot they will schedule a time to call and to log onto your computer to help get it figured out.

Frequent Visitor
    thats a good question, the internet modem was changed so would that change the IP address, how do I configure it to the apex?

- - - Updated - - -

oh nice, I feel like it's a simple solution I just cant understand it, the modem was changed so I feel like it has something to do with that.

Frequent Visitor
    thanks everyone figured it out it was the wrong ip address off one number, up and running thanks!!!