Thread: Cannot connect through ios fusion app

Regular Vistor

Cannot connect through ios fusion app

Hello,

I have a Apex Jr, for my network connectivity, I am running it to a TP-Link WR702N travel router, I setup the router as a client and have it connected to my home google TP-Link OnHub router and works great.

Issue, I can connect using the iOS Fusion app when I am at home, but cannot connect when remote, the request to connect gives me "the requested timed out" every time.

I can connect and control via the internet interface from my office just fine, just cannot using my phone when not on the home network. Anyone have this same issue?

The iOS App called Apex is not Fusion. Use APEX Fusion instead - https://apexfusion.com
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    so the iOS app made by Neptune Systems called AquaController Apex is not one that will allow for me to connect remotely via my app? I have to use the web interface?

Regular Vistor
    This is the app I am using:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aqua...470430224?mt=8

From the description it says connect anywhere in the world and supports the Apex Jr.

I guess I am at a loss why I can access through the web interface remotely, but cannot connect through the app remotely. App only works when on my home network.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by cafereef View Post
    This is the app I am using:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aqua...470430224?mt=8

From the description it says connect anywhere in the world and supports the Apex Jr.

I guess I am at a loss why I can access through the web interface remotely, but cannot connect through the app remotely. App only works when on my home network.

To be able to use the iOS/Android mobile apps outside your home network you will need to setup port-forwarding in your home router along with other things like DNS etc. This is why Neptune has moved away from the individual apps for the phones as some users like myself will root my phone so it does not have the stock software platform and this can create issue with different apps. Plus having the different versions of phone software always coming out it was easier to create one software platform that can work on all devices, phones, computers and tablets. The additional advantage it no matter where you sign into Fusion you will have the same layout and don't have to mess with port-forwarding your router. This is a win win for all parties involved.
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    Thanks,

using the web interface complete defeats the purpose for me at least, so I do really appreciate your answer and I do understand your point. Maybe I could get direction on where I am at at least.

Setup:
    Client network setup for Apex using TP Link WR702N, it is setup as a client to my home network
    home network: Google onHub TP-Link router.

Here is my configurations:
    Left is the Apex App, right is my onHub router for port forwarding.

thank you in advance!

Change the port forwarding to TCP only.

You will need to use the public (ISP-assigned) IP address of the router in the app. You currently have what appears to be the Apex's IP address. You can find the public IP address in the router, or simply by visiting www.ipchicken.com
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you, I have the ability to DNS my router, should I target this from the Apex app?

Regular Vistor
    I was able to get it! I had two issues

one, as you mentioned, I was targeting the local IP of my Apex. But the extra clencher is I was targeting the local IP of the TP-Link router I have my apex tied into. This made me think about my port forwarding setup, as I was forwarding to that router and not to my apex. So I updated my port forwarding rules to my Apex local IP. Then I grabbed my WAN IP and targeted that on port 9900 in the Apex iOS app and boom, controller login pop up. Now I just need to get the user and password when I get home tonight.

One thing I love about the google onHub router, I can configure anything from anywhere. makes things handy.

Thank you again.

Regular Vistor
    sad part, I just did a simple guess on the user and password to the controller and got in... winning today I guess

New User
    what did u use for the controller login and password?

Quote Originally Posted by doresfan View Post
    what did u use for the controller login and password?
    Try the default username and password: admin / 1234

New User
    Thanks for the quick response. That worked!!