Thread: Apex app issues connecting to server

Apex app issues connecting to server

My apex app (iOS) constantly has issues connecting to the server through the app. It will work on and off. I can manually turn off one switch then the next will error out. If a try a few times it eventually works.

My phone is connected to wifi on the same network. The apex is connecting to an apple airport express to work as a wifi bridge

Any ideas why I constantly get this error?

Frequent Visitor
    I can't even get the app to work....just shows the splash screen

Frequent Visitor
    I believe that Neptune is getting away from the app in favor of Fusion, which is the web based connectivity. Check that out and interface with your controller that way.

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah I've been using the web interface....just thought the app would have been easier on my phone...kinda wish they would redo it
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    I believe that Neptune is getting away from the app in favor of Fusion, which is the web based connectivity. Check that out and interface with your controller that way.

New User
    I like the app as you can just check things faster like PH and Temp and i find it more clear to see the charts on the app then on fusion as you can't really zoom in as well on the fusion then you can on the app. plus on the app you just select it and the info and control is there but with fusion you have to start the internet, load it, sign in and select your apex the find what ever you want to do. so the app is faster and simpler to use. But like you guys i keep having problems like it not working or error messages. But i do wish that Neptune fix the app Or Make a fusion app so you can do the basics on the app with fusion and the more complex on the internet. So DesertReefer i'm with you i would like the app to work and be redone as i use my phone for everything and the fusion web page is a pain in the arse to use on the phone and the app is much better i find.

Frequent Visitor
    I just figured out how to log in at home to the device and bypass the fusion site....only had this thing up and running for a few days...lots to learn

New User
    DesertReefer could you tell me how you did that? ether on here or message me thank you!

Frequent Visitor
    get the IP address from your display...enter it in your web browser....default username is admin and password is 1234

Very true. Hopefully they improve app reliability as I use that over the screen controller

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftline View Post
    Very true. Hopefully they improve app reliability as I use that over the screen controller
    I think a fusion app that just remembers your login if you so choose that way you don't need to open a web browser sign in etc. Still fusion is pretty simple as it is.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertReefer View Post
    get the IP address from your display...enter it in your web browser....default username is admin and password is 1234
    This is considered the classic dashboard I believe

Yep and it works. The app is just convenient. I find if I wait longer beteween command I have more success with t