Thread: Already purchased but have a question, what if all power is lost?

Frequent Visitor

Already purchased but have a question, what if all power is lost?

Sorry if this has already been asked which I'm sure it has. Will the system be able to let me know if all power is lost? Or will I just know simply because I won't be able to see it from apex fusion? Sorry if this is a dumb question.... First post on here... Also any recommendations to Apex Newbs? I bought the apex gold for my 75 gallon tank.

Frequent Visitor
    Depending on your setup it could either notify you when power is lost or when power is returned. Have you checked out the getting started guide? https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexgold/

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the response. What about both when lost and restored? Also I just now read through the getting started. Seems simple enough. Excited to get my apex. Arrives Friday.

Frequent Visitor
    Pax if you haven't already done so you should read the Info for new Apex owners forum. It will help you avoid common mistakes when setting up your Apex for the first time. I'm not set up yet and won't be for sometime, but we've bought a awesome modular platform that can be around for a long time.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyboy View Post
    Pax if you haven't already done so you should read the Info for new Apex owners forum. It will help you avoid common mistakes when setting up your Apex for the first time. I'm not set up yet and won't be for sometime, but we've bought a awesome modular platform that can be around for a long time.
    Thanks! I actually have read the sticky on that if thats what you're referencing. Good info to know. I'm just so anxious that I've watched several videos and read so much info about the system as possible.

Frequent Visitor
    When the power to the EB8 goes out the Apex goes down. Unless you have auxiliary battery power to the Apex unit, explained in the big manual. Then the Apex knows power is down and can do something, like sound the alarm. Plugging the EB8 into a UPS will not help cause then the Apex will not know there was a power failure.

If you want to see it on fusion you also need to keep the internet up. This includes power for the router and hoping the ISP will stay up.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by p7willm View Post
    When the power to the EB8 goes out the Apex goes down. Unless you have auxiliary battery power to the Apex unit, explained in the big manual. Then the Apex knows power is down and can do something, like sound the alarm. Plugging the EB8 into a UPS will not help cause then the Apex will not know there was a power failure.

If you want to see it on fusion you also need to keep the internet up. This includes power for the router and hoping the ISP will stay up.

I have an account at www.reeftronics.net which continually gathers info from my Apex. If it cannot communicate with Apex for an hour reeftronics.net sends an email alert to me.