Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Big announcement coming

New User
    Thanks for the reply Terence. My worries are this, at some stage sooner rather than later
    * if my plugbar fails I will have to upgrade base unit and plugbar
    * if my salinity unit fails I will have to upgrade the base unit
    * if my base unit fails I will have to upgrade the base unit and plugbar

Now that's not quite the same as the Apple analogy, each of those outcomes are likely to be high cost. Add to this the disappointment of realising that the EcoTech module only works with two thirds of their product line-up and my equipment (not stated at point of sale), it's been a tough ride.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by greenstreet58 View Post
    I think you just want the new one just like my son when he sees a new teenage mutant ninja turtle toy lol.

THE ONLY THING THAT YOUR 2000 is missing is to be able to read amp of each outlet.

I'm still a Neptune fan boy all day.

Onelove.
    Ha ha, know what you mean, but I don't actually understand the benefit of reading amps to the hobby. Heaters and chillers (if used/needed) are by far the most power hungry when in operation - but what are you going to do turn them off? Same with flow and lighting. As a company why go into dual production of a base unit and plug bar just for that? Personally I don't get it, but I may have missed the point.

Big announcement coming

Well we all know that they did the change so that it will be able to handle future add-ons. I think they did all this cause they have something very big coming maybe something like mind stream only time will tell. I for one have two apex and I'm not mad at them at all I will not be upgrading to the new one until I see a need to right now I wish they would come out with that return pump.

Onelove.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by AlP View Post
    Ha ha, know what you mean, but I don't actually understand the benefit of reading amps to the hobby. Heaters and chillers (if used/needed) are by far the most power hungry when in operation - but what are you going to do turn them off? Same with flow and lighting. As a company why go into dual production of a base unit and plug bar just for that? Personally I don't get it, but I may have missed the point.
    Three weeks ago I would have agreed and not understood the value. Then my return pump failed. I started getting high temperature alerts during the day and checked the ambient room temperature to find that it was okay. Came home from the office to find that the pump had totally stopped working and was getting extremely hot. I replaced the pump and noticed the energy consumption drop WAY down. Apparently the pump had been failing for some time and gradually increased the power it was drawing over time. I'm looking forward to being able to set individual outlet thresholds for power consumption and get an alert if something is out of range. Could give us an early warning if a pump is beginning to fail. I'm sure there are other uses, but that came to mind as a timely example.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

People that make the "Apple lets us know" argument fail to understand that there will always be a time when you just bought something just before an announcement - even if the ship date is four months from it. For instance, there are tens of thousands of people buying MacBook pros right now. These are not on any schedule or release rhythm from Apple nor does the customer really pay attention. Someone will likely buy one today and this month Apple will announce new ones shipping in August. Do you really think that person that just bought will be happy. The real difference however is that Apple leaves behind their customers much faster than we have. Just look at how many revs of iOS going forward the iPhone 4 guys got.

While I think the Apple analogy is interesting, it really is apples and oranges. The market size and size of Apple allow them to do many things no small company with a tiny market could do and survive.

We are grateful to all of our customers and I feel confident we continually pay them back with innovation and value. A perfect example is how much feature advancement has come to an apex owner who bought their apex in 2012 - with no additional cost to them!

I will be closing out this thread soon as I think it has been played out from the original topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems