Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big announcement coming

Quote Originally Posted by p7willm View Post
    It wants YOU to have an account. Give it an email address and it will send an invitation to that address.
    Screw that. I'll wait for it to be posted here. Besides, the announcement is in the middle of the dinner hour any way.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah sounds to hard. Why not just do a YouTube and post it here?

Frequent Visitor
    I'm with you Jim, why does everything want data input. What ever happened to the free world!??

Aqua Oak 5' tank with Apex controller and Aqua Oak 4' tank with Apex controller

A new Apex Base unit with Wifi and Salinity built in. I kinda still want the COR. Simplifying it of course. I see why the COR and FMM aren't out yet. The new base unit looks amazing, but I have so much $ invested in the others. I would possibly consider just updating the Base Unit as it adds a ton of functionality. Terence didn't mention the individual price, but the whole system is 799.99 with a ton of stuff. Great for a new Apex user.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    I also vote for youtube, just cleaner. The new device seems interesting but are they offering upgrades from the classic version? When are they shipping?

Frequent Visitor
    And now all the existing users will want to know if we will need the new base unit or Eb832 to get the cor or FMM.

Also, what will our upgrade paths look like, can you use the new eb832 with the old base unit or if you swap out the base unit first, will it work with old awm, wxm etc. and eb8s?

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    A new Apex Base unit with Wifi and Salinity built in. I kinda still want the COR. Simplifying it of course. I see why the COR and FMM aren't out yet. The new base unit looks amazing, but I have so much $ invested in the others. I would possibly consider just updating the Base Unit as it adds a ton of functionality. Terence didn't mention the individual price, but the whole system is 799.99 with a ton of stuff. Great for a new Apex user.
    That make sense , i have tons of stuff too , including spare brain and modules .
    Alain

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the biggest threads on the forum...
    Chad

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the biggest threads on the forum...
    I need to get back on here ! LOL . I had missed a few i guess .
    Alain

New User
    Can we buy the new apex base by itself ?

I wonder if this new brain has more CPU power and more memory ? That would be one of the reason i could change my brain for a new one .
    Alain

Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    I wonder if this new brain has more CPU power and more memory ? That would be one of the reason i could change my brain for a new one .
    All of the capabilities that they were displaying would indicate that it must. I was trying to watch my phone and work at the same time. The new EB8, which is all relay outlets now looks awesome as well, but I'm not as excited about that as I would be an upgrade to the base module.

AND, where was the Beta testing on this one. LOL, I would have been on board for sure.
    Chad

Unless Neptune gives me $500 credit for my current unit they can keep the new unit. If the cor and fmm require the new unit I'm done with Neptune. This stuff is to expensive to replace more than once every 5 years.

AND, where was the Beta testing on this one. LOL, I would have been on board for sure.
    I believe this is only an announcement of things to come , beta testing if any must be still a long way to go .
    Alain

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Unless Neptune gives me $500 credit for my current unit they can keep the new unit. If the cor and fmm require the new unit I'm done with Neptune. This stuff is to expensive to replace more than once every 5 years.

They mentioned backwards compatibility so I think you are fine.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    They mentioned backwards compatibility so I think you are fine.
    EB832 has been officially stated to not work on the existing, now "Apex Cassic" controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyl View Post
    EB832 has been officially stated to not work on the existing, now "Apex Cassic" controllers.
    I was speaking to the COR and FMM modules. Where is that stated, did you get that from the video?
    Chad

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl View Post
    Yep. Since the new unit still uses aqua bus there's no reason the new power bar shouldn't be able to be used with the classic. With a firmware update. That's BS in my opinion. I like the fact that the 1 link is incorporated into it. But I don't like not having the triac relays. Unless they soundproofed the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    I was speaking to the COR and FMM modules. Where is that stated, did you get that from the video?
    Yes it was stated by Neptune in the messaging during the video.

Regular Vistor
    Will the older EB8s work with the new controller?

Regular Vistor
    From whomever is running the neptune account on facebook that's doing a bit of Q&A right now since they didn't mention it on the video feed. EB832 will only work on this new apex, not the existing ones.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    If the cor and fmm require the new unit I'm done with Neptune. This stuff is to expensive to replace more than once every 5 years.

LOL.. So if the future modules/accessories don't work with the existing Apex, you're done with Nepune?? Good luck with the competition... I know the competition all too well and I think you'd be in for a very rude awaking. The grass isn't greener. You can rest assured of that.
    FWIW, the Apex has been out for 7 years now.

Fortunately for you, the Apex isn't like a computer where the bus changes every few several years and the new cards don't work in the old system. Since Aquabus is and will likely remain their connectivity interface, I am sure you will be able to use the Cor or and the FMM with the existing Apex but if not, you have to realize that hardware progresses. If the Apex as we know it is going EOL, we don't know what future development will be directed towards this Apex nor do we know if the firmware will be different between the new Apex and the old.

The notion of "having to change controllers more than once every 5 years" is absolutely absurd. I've had my Apex since it was first released back in mid 2009. That's 7 years. Before that, I had my Gen 1 (very first generation) Aqua Conroller 1 since it was first released back in the mid 90's which would have been about 14 years worth of service. If the Cor and FMM don't work with the existing Apex, you can certainly get an alternate 0-10v controllable pump and use your existing Apex for many years to come. Like I said, the grass isn't necessarily greener and there is no controller out there that offers the flexibility and expandability of the Apex. Especially at it's price point.

Now back on topic. I wonder how easy it will be to migrate existing programming over to the new Apex.. Given that I have a very extensive Apex system, my biggest concern would be migrating my 5 EB8's, 4EB4's, 2 VDM modules, 3 Lunar Sim's, PM1, PM2, DOS, AFS, ALD breakout boxes etc without having to reprogram everything.. I wonder if it will have a "replacement mode" to migrate existing equipment and programming.

Regular Vistor
    Waited so long for this announcement, and got the feeling soon my current apex will " no longer be cool enough to hang" with all new upcoming stuff. Im so mad i would sell my system today if i could get close to what ive spent.
    Like stated before, if they make Cor not compatible with classic units, Vertex will soon take my money.

Frequent Visitor
    This is the most horrible news I heard this morning - I am in Asia !!!!!

Regular Vistor
    id jump at the chance to get one if there was a loyalty program, i have 2 classics and dont need a 3rd apex and cant justify paying $800(over $1000 for us canadians). but the new eb832 would work awesome with my system