Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big announcement coming

New User
    I would be getting the new apex as I planned to buy one next week. The announcement would have put me on hold for a couple extra weeks. However I got mine last Thursday because of the discount. The main driving factor though was getting home from a five week business trip coming home to screwed up tank. My tank sitter did something, still can't figure out what, that caused my salinity to drop to 19 ppt. That's gonna take a couple weeks just to get back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My system is only a year and a half old. It should support everything for at least 5 years before becoming obsolete. Otherwise why did I dump all that money into it? I guess unlike some I haven't drank the apex kool-aid.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dropped View Post
    Will the older EB8s work with the new controller?
    From what I have heard the EB8 will be compatible with the new Apex Base unit, just not the other way around. The EB832 will not work on the older Apex "Classic" controller.
    Jon
    ***RIP*** to Reeftronics that has saved me more then once and was a great place to look at other peoples programming to get many ideas I use on my own tank. Thanks Russ for all the years of keeping up this great service free of charge to us users that took it for granted like me .

So where is this video?

Frequent Visitor
    If you have a Facebook account, you can go to Neptune systems wall and see the video.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    From what I have heard the EB8 will be compatible with the new Apex Base unit, just not the other way around. The EB832 will not work on the older Apex "Classic" controller.
    Considering the way the WAV's were marketed with discussion about a 1LINK having 2 WAVS and a COR and what Terence talked about with the 1LINK I would assume that the COR will work fine with the older base units. I couldn't imagine that the FMM wouldn't work either. That would limit their market too much for what a hot product/s those will be.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by teddyboy View Post
    If you have a Facebook account, you can go to Neptune systems wall and see the video.
    So where can those of us who refuse to have a Facebook account see it?

New User

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Considering the way the WAV's were marketed and what Terence talked about with the 1LINK I would assume that the COR will work fine with the older base units. I couldn't imagine that the FMM wouldn't work either. That would limit their market to much for what a hot product/s those will be.
    That would be a good assumption... As they were working on the apex classic at Macna and RAP.

Jon
    Jon
    ***RIP*** to Reeftronics that has saved me more then once and was a great place to look at other peoples programming to get many ideas I use on my own tank. Thanks Russ for all the years of keeping up this great service free of charge to us users that took it for granted like me .

What does the salinity probe work with?

New User
    PM2 is built into the base unit.

Quote Originally Posted by M1k3 View Post
    PM2 is built into the base unit.

My current system?

This thread about to go off the charts

Onelove.

New User
    No the new Apex. You need the PM2 with the "classic"

Frequent Visitor
    Well, since I'm in the market for another Apex it looks like I will be saving up for the new one. I'm excited to see what comes next.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    My current system?

jim if you want a salinity probe you need to buy a PM2 module for the classic Apex. Basically the PM2 module is integrated into the new controller.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    So where is this video?

The video is on their Facebook page..
    https://www.facebook.com/NeptuneSystems/?ref=ts&fref=ts

This is a huge leap for the Apex. Especially for those without a wired connection available. I'm a tech junkie and I LOVE my Apex. I have a hell of a lot invented in my system but I can see an upgrade in my future. I'm thankful that all my old hardware will still work though as my system has a lot of modules and EB's.

Regular Vistor
    Will need to know the pricing for JUST the base unit.

If i can upgrade the base unit and continue using my modules and eb8s, i can just add an eb832 and run two classic eb8s and one eb832 and all my modules on the new base unit.

Ill need a week off work just to program it from scratch though....

I'm loving this look like I may have to get it for the new build

Onelove.

Regular Vistor

I unfortunately missed the Livestream but am excited about what I've read and saw in the recorded video clip, even though my Apex Gold is just a little more than a year old. Technology evolves rapidly nowadays and it doesn't bother me tremendously that my existing Apex isn't yet "fully depreciated." Technology is what it is.

So, moving forward a few thoughts about some off-the-cuff niceties:

• Trade-in credit would be a nice-to-have!
    • An easy migration from existing Apex Classic to the next-gen Apex is imperative (I don't wanna rebuild all my programming)
    • A published, open API would be phenomenal!!! (hook to IFTTT, my Indigo home automation server, etc...)
    • Ability to revert to Apex Classic as a backup and maintain the majority of functionality would be nice - especially if no upgrade credit is given for Apex Classic owners
    • High-availability capabilities might be nice for folks with large, mature tanks stocked with thousands of dollars of livestock. We don't normally see many reports of Apex Classic equipment failures, but I imagine having the ability to add an intelligent online backup controller would be attractive to those with thousands of dollars at stake
    • If no upgrade / trade-in credit is available, release a salt mixing module to use with Apex Classic! Would love to be able to have Apex automate the process of mixing new saltwater (turn on a mechanical valve to allow the RODI filter to fill the mix container, turn on a powerhead inside the container, slowly add salt until desired salinity is reached, then heat the water to the same temp as the display tank)
    • Incorporate a leak detector into the plastic housing! Great improvement in the physical design and mounting. Would be nice to have the Apex know to shut itself down if it gets wet.

Regular Vistor
    They really need to look at some kinda trade in or something, I know they won't because won't make money, heck would probably even lose money doing that. But I just bought my apex 5 months ago, hope they still support classic for awhile because no way can I afford to upgrade

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

New User
    Cool, I doubt I'll buy any motorized parts from Apex for this to be useful. Monitoring individual outlet amps is more entertainment. I believe a breakout box with Current Sensing Relays would indicate motor failure. Wifi is great but adapters are so cheap nowadays. Having all controls in one box means all wire in one box. Good/bad? When one part of the system breaks the whole thing may need to be purchased again. I don't keep all my controllers together and able to split the distance using the added aquabus. Which means longer cables and cable extensions. The goals for this company seem so stretched out in many directions. I worked for a company that was all over the place and I bailed. 3 years later and they folded. I hope this is the reset moment.

Also the future of Apex control was announce to the world or the under 200 people that watched. WTF did I just buy.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm sure they are getting blasted. But I have seen Terence respond to some of the concerns He did say existing Apex will still be able to use new upcoming modules like COR and FMM. He compared it to the old Aquacontroller which users were able to still use the old DC8 bars with the Apex. We will just need the extra modules, where as the new Apex ( I think they should have tweaked the name) has a lot of these modules built in.
    Having said that I am a bit disappointed. There was really nothing for us existing Apex users except a probe or two. The COR or FMM or something would have been nice.
    I hope at least we will be able to take advantage of the new feature such as "Reminders" in Fusion. Either way, where else am I going. Certainly not Vertex Cerebra.

Regular Vistor
    I'm most interested in the fusion / webserver changes and forthcoming iOS / android apps. Will these all be available / pushed to the existing apex userbase, or will they be an apex 2016 only feature?

Regular Vistor

Big announcement coming

Quote Originally Posted by Kyl View Post
    I'm most interested in the fusion / webserver changes and forthcoming iOS / android apps. Will these all be available / pushed to the existing apex userbase, or will they be an apex 2016 only feature?
    These are questions I would like to hear the answer to as well.
    Will the new one touch update be backwards compatible to the older system that we all have?