Thread: ASUS RT-AC68U, Fusion, & Random Reboots

New User

ASUS RT-AC68U, Fusion, & Random Reboots

Here's to hoping someone has some experience with my issue.

I've been running an ASUS RT-AC68U (actually mine is the "R" for retail version, no actual difference) for several years. When Fusion was released to the wild, I, as many others made the jump. Fairly soon after utilizing Fusion, the Apex on my 180G began experiencing random reboots. After much fiddling, I found when I disabled Fusion, the reboots stopped occurring. Fast forward to November '14 when I migrated my 180G to a 450G and decided to give Fusion another shot. For awhile everything seemed fine when eventually the random reboots began occurring again. I tried several suggestions from members on Reef Central to the point of ordering a backup main unit thinking my original "brain" from '11 was dying. To no avail, the new brain began experiencing the reboots almost immediately. So, after even more fiddling, I have given up once again and have disabled Fusion. The reboots have once again stopped.

I have, and continue to run, the latest firmware from ASUS when it becomes available. I also maintain my Apex with the latest firmware. I can access my Apex via the Android app (although it crashes frequently) and from any PC away from my home. I am utilizing DynDNS to leverage access to cameras and other internal networking features due to Cox Cable (150Mbps) using non-static IPs. When I have Fusion enabled, I have all the features available to me to include the webcam for my tank.

I would really like to use Fusion due to it's many features unavailable via the Classic Dashboard, but cannot until I get this reboot issue resolved. If anyone has any suggestions or other ideas I would greatly appreciate the assist.

Thanks!

Classic User
    I believe there was another post recently that sounded just like yours here. As I recall there was a resolution through tech support. They dug into the Apex remotely and found some corrupt files. That was causing the frequent reboots. Look around for the thread and contact tech support. Put in a service request with them.

Good luck. Let us know the resolution and what they find to fix this problem, please.