Thread: Dlink cameras

Regular Vistor

Dlink cameras

I don't know if I'm just really dumb or what but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get these dlink cameras to work in apex fusion.... I can see the cameras just fine from out side the home network. I have port forwarding all setup... I can download any ip cam app plug in the Internet ip and port for the cam and they all work but fusion is hard as hell to get to work.

So one thing for some reason the dcs-932l will not show in mydlink mobile app but will show on a desktop computer at mydlink.com

The main camera in working with for now is the dcs-935L.

So if I go to the browser and type http://user:pass@internetip:800

It takes me to the ip cams dash....

I have tried a few http links in fusion like

Http://user:pass@myinternetip:800/video2.mjpg
    And ...../video/mjpg.cgi

And a few others I don't remember.

And yes I'm entering a real user and password and INTERNET ip, not my local. And my port forwarding is working fine....

I just must be really dumb because all the other apps like ip cam and start not can see it outside our inside the home network just fine.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Classic User
    I, too, have tried over and over again with DLink cameras. No success with Fusion at all. They work fine without Apex, from my LAN via ethernet cables, over my wireless network in my home and over internet; never with Fusion, however.

It apprears that the camera requires a login that Fusion cannot get past.I've tried everything I could find to get Fusion over this hump and I finally gave up.

Actually, I no longer see much, if any, particular advantage to viewing the video over Fusion. Logging into the cameras directly provides me with full control and viewing of the cameras. Fusion only provides streaming, no control.

Regular Vistor
    Other than its just cool. Sorry to waist your time. I got it to work!!!

I restarted the camera and my dlink router. Used the "http://user:pass@internetIp:port/video/mjpg.cgi"

Also my user account I setup isn't the admin. I setup an apex one.

I can't think of anything else I did to get it to work

But the one works, I'm trying the other one now too.

Classic User
    I need to get your solution. I thought I had exhausted every alternative approach.
    I have a DLink 5222L.
    Now I would appreciate your help.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    I need to get your solution. I thought I had exhausted every alternative approach.
    I have a DLink 5222L.
    Now I would appreciate your help.
    Not sure if these will work found them on a D-link forum but worth a try if you have not already. I think the only one that will work in Fusion is the second one on the list.

Jon

Regular Vistor
    Fab, did you try to power cycle your ip camera?

Do you have a separate user/password to use for the apex?

Try disconnecting every device from the camera, like apps and Web pages, from the cammera.

I knew I had it cause I typed the address In my tablet and it went to just the camera feed not the cameras dash board.

Regular Vistor
    So let's run through some setup that I did.

So first the camera's internal Ip set to static, like 192.168.1.20 (if your routers ip is 192.168.1.1 form).

Then in the router, go to port forwarding. Forward what ever port you want but some are blocked, I guess port 80 is blocked sometimes? So I did port 800

Then go to the camera Web dashboard, setup a secondary user acount.
    User name: fish
    Password: tank

Then get your routers Internet IP address (can be done on the web) say it turns up as 162.159.253.15

So with all that done then first I just pulled up a jpg off the camera.

http://162.159.253.15:800/cgi/jpg/image.cgi

That address gave me a still shot.

So then I went with
    http://fish:[email protected]:800/video/mjpg.cgi

That brought up just a video feed not the dash board of the cam after restarting the camera, and logging off, in the cams dash, all the browsers I got on it with.

So I put it in apex fusion, used the exact name of the cam in the name block of fusion. Then put the
    http://fish:[email protected]:800/video/mjpg.cgi
    In the URL block and it worked.

Regular Vistor
    One thing I did notice I used the virtual server tab instead of Port forwarding... when I had one can in port forwarding it didn't work. I put it in the virtual server tab on my dlink router... then it works

Did you have any luck fab?

Classic User
    Jayblu, Thank you very much for the details on linking a DLink camera to Fusion. I wanted to set up my cameras today using your information. When I was getting my cameras out of storage, I did not find their 12v power adapters. So I now have yet another side project to deal with, finding those adpaters, before I can try out your advice. Therefore, I have copied your postings to a document file to use as soon as I find the adapters. Again, Thank you very much for posting this information.

I do have two questions for now, though. What do you mean by this;:
    Try disconnecting every device from the camera, like apps and Web pages, from the cammera.
    and this
    One thing I did notice I used the virtual server tab instead of Port forwarding... when I had one can in port forwarding it didn't work. I put it in the virtual server tab on my dlink router... then it works

Regular Vistor
    By disconnecting, when I was setting mine up I would log on the cameras dash with several devices to play with settings on the camera. So to disconnect, instead of just closing the browser I would hit log off on the dash board then close the browser on everything I used (tablet, pc and smart phones). I also logged off and closed apps like mydlink and my ip cam viewer on my tablet and smart phone.

I will have to get a screen shot of what I'm talking about with the virtual server. So my dlink router under advance, has two pages. The first is virtual server, the second is labeled Port forwarding. Basically they look the same and have the same Fields to fill out. When I put one cam in the "Port forwarding" page I couldn't get to it. When my other cam was in the "virtual server" tab it worked. So I entered the numbers for the cam that was in port forwarding to the virtual server tab and I could get to it.

You would probaly have to watch a you tube on port forwarding a dlink router to see what I'm talking about.

And some one smarter than me would have to explain the difference between the two pages, cause as far as my setup (which is probaly wrong) goes the port forward don't work.

Side note, I think my dlink cameras are 5v dc. But I'm pretty sure I have different ones than you, maybe double check before you go buy one.

Classic User
    Thank you very much for your explanations and your advice. fab

Regular Vistor
    I think with the port forwarding you need to remap the forwarded ports in the router or change the default http port on the camera for it to work.

Meaning that if you forward port 800 to the cameras IP address, it will forward to port 800 on the local camera IP(which will not work, because the camera is listening for http requests on port 80).

You can get around this in 2 ways:
    1. Tell the router to forward Router_IP_addy
    :800 to Camera_IP_addy:80
    2. Or change your camera's default HTTP port from 80 to 800.

Note:
    Not all routers allow you to remap the destination port like this.
    And not all cameras allow you to change the default listening port for http requests.

I think the reason the virtual server works is that when you forward port 800 to the local IP its in a way opening up all ports into the camera.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I am having issues also, I actually go the camera to show in Fusion, but its a still picture, not streaming

I need to try this out ASAP !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk