Thread: Programming 2 x Jebao Power Heads Using Apex

Regular Vistor

Programming 2 x Jebao Power Heads Using Apex

Hello,

I just bought a Full Apex which is arriving this Friday. I been spending hours reading the online manual, and surfing the web on how to program my Jebao power heads using this adapter with the Apex I believe is what's needed to connect the 2 powerheads to the Apex?

http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-Neptune-...ao+adapter#Ask

My question is : I have a RedSea Reefer 250 which is 36" long, with 2x Jebao PP4 power heads. I can only run then together on level 2 , as I have allot of LPS
    I would like to run them higher, and alternate between the two powerheads. So One side would run say 60% for a min, then turn off, and the other would tune one for the 1min. Then I would like them to run in a Nutrient mode, for say 15 min, to stir up and Detrius throughout the day. I would also Like them to slow down at night to 30%, as I understand the manual recommends for Tunze etc not to run them below 30%

I found this programming here, but not sure what everything is in it. I could always tweak the % of them.

Here's a thread I found on here :

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ll=1#post11852

But after reading all 8 pgs, theirs allot of suggestions that make the statements not work together
    Is their a thread I could copy the programming, or anyone have one for using 2x Jeabo powerheads, to simulate the Ecotech Powerheads ?

Thank you for the help, I'd like to get the programming so when the Apex Arrives, I can get the powerheads up and running. I do need to buy the Adapter to run both powerheads through the Apex correct?

Regular Vistor
    Received the adapter today, been spending hours reading, still don't understand how to program them,,,,, Anyone help?

I would even like to start with something simple such as one side turn on for 1 min or ramp up to a %, while the other side is off, then switch sides , meaning one powerhead turns on while the other is off, then Visa Versa

Classic User
    You might start with simpler stuff and build up from there. I recommend you focus first on learning your way around the classic dashboard, the Fusion dashboard, and on getting comfortable with programming your own basic outlet ON|OFF control based on time and on sensor readings, creation and use of virtual outlets, and email alarms. Then move to using profiles.

That sequence will get you started programming using Apex methodology on your own, probably a lot better and quicker than starting off by copying a lengthy program and trying to modify it for your purposes. You will find Apex programming is structurally different from programming in traditional program languages. Because of that I recommend a crawl, walk, run approach to getting into it...even for experienced programmers. I cut my teeth on machine language programming decades ago, moved up to assembly languages then up to macro assembly languages before moving up to high level languages. I still had to take a step back and re-orient when I first started programming Apex. Apex programming is not hard it is just a bit different from what most people are used to. You'll get there and it really will not take long.

to our user community and to our forum. We are users just like you and will gladly help you how ever we can.

fab

Regular Vistor
    Thanks, Yes I'm going to post my programs for review for my entire setup. I've all ready created all my return pump, skimmer, feed modes etc

I'm down to the last 2 hardest things, the 2 power heads, and the Kessil Lights now

Regular Vistor
    Ok, I created 2 Profiles on the V1 & V2 because the Jebao Controller is plugged into that port

I have type : Pump
    Name : PP4Right_1
    Syronize : NO
    Divide by 10 : No
    Initial off Time 0
    On Time 30
    Off Time 30
    Min Intesity : 30
    Max 45

2nd pump I have type : Pump
    Name : PP4Left_2
    Syronize : YES
    Divide by 10 : No
    Initial off Time 30
    On Time 30
    Off Time 0
    Min Intesity : 30
    Max 45

I have the outlets set to Auto

Their not shutting on and off ?

Regular Vistor
    Ok I got them. Watched a BRS video., their each turning on and off for 5 min opposite each other

Now I have to figure out the next step, to let them both turn on for 5 min, but at a lower intensity

KC Sumps
    Quote Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
    Ok I got them. Watched a BRS video., their each turning on and off for 5 min opposite each other

Now I have to figure out the next step, to let them both turn on for 5 min, but at a lower intensity
    Sorry for the two year delay in getting in on this... Did you every get what you wanted in programming this?

I have v1, 2, 3, and four with jebao powerheads (1 and 2), and skimmer and return on the v3, v4 so would love to see what you did with your powerheads...

Thanks!