Thread: Using Jebao DCT Return pump with Apex

Regular Vistor

Using Jebao DCT Return pump with Apex

I have my return pump Jebao DCT series plugged into the plug #3 in my EB8, and the Apex using feed cycle D for maintenance.

I just read I can't use the DCT pump with the Apex? I'm still using the Jeboa Controller, I'm only using the Apex to turn on and off the pump during maintenance etc

Frequent Visitor
    What you are doing is fine. You can't use the Jebao to Apex module to control the speed of the DCT series pumps, but just plugging it into the EB8 and turning it on and off is not a problem.

Frequent Visitor
    There is an issue with the controllers that Jebao ship with their products. Don't assume this will work by just turning off and on with the EB8. I have 3 of them and only one remembers last known settings. The others return to the low default settings every time it powers down. So if you are going todo this just make sure you are vigilant as to what state these pumps return to. And dont assume that it will be the same every time. I would hate for you to remote turn off and back on and not have enough flow and it destroys what you have built.

Frequent Visitor
    That’s an ugly problem. Not only for controlability with the apex, but also for recoverability after a power failure.

Frequent Visitor
    In my situation I have multiple pumps to multiple inputs and they are all running low and i over size my pumps. So i am safe and they are very cheap to replace i can replace them all multiple times before i waste on high end pumps todo the same work. Its better to build multiple redundancy that have one expensive pump all equipment will fail at some point. They are great pumps for the price I cannot argue with that. But just know their weaknesses. And plan accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

I do wish that they worked with the old controller adapter like the Jebao DC versions which i also use. Maybe one day they will make the adapter for the DCT and DCS and future models.

Regular Vistor
    Ok thanks. Yes I'm not running my return pump through the controller. I'm only using it plugged into the EB8

Just out of curiosity, my friend is running his DCT series through the controller though, and he says it works?

Frequent Visitor
    How ? I have scoured everything and cannot find a solution that works. The only Jebao that works are the DC & WP Models with the Jebao controller module. I have DC and DCT Models and know first hand that the connector the voltage the wiring are all different. There is nothing sold by anyone that i know of that allows this. I would love to know what he is using to accomplish this.

Frequent Visitor
    I suspect he’s running a DC pump and not the DCT. I originally purchased a DCT series pump and couldn’t get it to work and wound up returning it and purchasing the older DC series pump instead. They look very similar and the connector is the same, but the DCT won’t work with the Jebao to apex module.

Frequent Visitor
    And just to be clear none of us are saying you are using it thru the controller since there is no way todo that. What i am saying is even connected to the EB8 be careful since the Jebao Controller does not always return to its last set state. So if you run your Jebao DCT at more than the first #1 position there is a chance that when power is turned back on your Jebao will return to Factory's #1 setting. I have 2 of 3 Jebao's that always return to #1 setting which if you are not carful and your system needs more than that to survive it might be devastating.

Regular Vistor
    I did conform today, he's running through I guess not the controller, but a wire/adapter he bought off line

Regular Vistor
    Does anyone know if there are diy adaptors for the DCT D.C.'s models yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User