Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [video] How to get a full-color touchscreen for your Apex for just $50

Frequent Contributor

[video] How to get a full-color touchscreen for your Apex for just $50

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    39.99 right now Terence. I just looked and they are on sale.
    Chad

Hi, does this also work with the Classic?

[video] How to get a full-color touchscreen for your Apex for just $50

Yes, it works with any Apex model linked to Apex Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Awesome video, you made it nice and clear, I normally use my phone, but for $50USD I might go for it.

Actually the exclusion of the display save Neptune Systems money ;-) I use a tablet because I have multiple controllers. One ring to rule them all. Now if Fusion could only do all the features of the classic interface I could get rid of the old cabled displays entirely. Good video though..

Frequent Contributor
    Actually, no. It saves the customer money. How, well in this model not only have we added wifi and power monitoring, we also added a 100w power supply and five more outlets with the 1Link connections. On top of that we upgraded the probes as well. So, rather than up the system price by $100, we decided to give people the choice and either use their existing apex display if they are upgrading, use their smart phone, buy a dedicated tablet, or purchase a display at the new discounted price of $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Can you update Fusion so that you can have multiple "display profiles" so that I can customize my static tablet display's layout/visible controls based on what device I am using? For example it would be nice to have my phone show all my controls. The tablet by my reef tank only show items on that specific tank. Another tablet on my freshwater tank upstairs show me only it's devices. Then maybe another table profile for my dosing room for seeing dosing controls and refilling my DDR containers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Actually, no. It saves the customer money. How, well in this model not only have we added wifi and power monitoring, we also added a 100w power supply and five more outlets with the 1Link connections. On top of that we upgraded the probes as well. So, rather than up the system price by $100, we decided to give people the choice and either use their existing apex display if they are upgrading, use their smart phone, buy a dedicated tablet, or purchase a display at the new discounted price of $100.

I get what you are saying about allowing the coinsumer to decide on a monitor but I just don't see where the $100 savings you are talking about is? The neptune gold was less than $799 which included a display. so how am I saving $100? seems like I'm paying more to get less with the new system. and the other thing that worries me is that so much is riding on the eb832 to function correctly or you are out of alot of $$$. as it is eb8 outlets fail alot for many folks.

Frequent Contributor
    What you are not considering is how many costly advancements we have included in this system that do not exist in the Apex Gold package (now retired). Things like built-in WiFi, power monitoring on every outlet, and double junction probes are the key examples. Had we included the display, the price would have been $899 for the bundled system.

To answer your other concern, the biggest causes of failure for the Energy Bar 8 is users overloading the Triac controlled outlets or having devices running outside of spec - especially when you first turn them on. This is less likely to be an issue with the EB832 since all outlets use relays.

New User
    Is there a way to get audible alerts on this? I haven't figured it out yet.

New User
    I was in the fish store a couple weeks ago listening to them trying to sell a new Apex to a customer. The salesman said that with the new Apex you no longer need a WXM module or AWM module for communicating with lights and pumps since the built-in wifi (aside from network connection) allows it to do it. Is this true?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Wrong thread to post your question but no that isn't true at all. The wifi built in is for Internet connectivity. It has nothing to do with communicating with ecotech devices or devices connecting via the AWM.

Those modules are still necessary.
    Chad

New User
    Sorry, thought I was still in another thread. That is what I thought, but I didn't want to call him out on it if I wasn't certain. Sorry to post in the wrong thread.

Fire tablet 7" is on sale Black Friday $33.33

Frequent Visitor
    Hello,

I bought one yesterday in London for 29 pounds!

All the best,
    Rui

Regular Vistor
    Is there any way to force the scaling of fusion on the browser? I want to display only two columns instead of three in landscape mode so the buttons (feed modes) are easier to hit.

New User
    I just got myself the tablet and now have it mounted. Why are all my outlets shaded out. I have no control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogger View Post
    I just got myself the tablet and now have it mounted. Why are all my outlets shaded out. I have no control.
    Click on your username, click on Settings, click on Display. The gray bars are explained there.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Click on your username, click on Settings, click on Display. The gray bars are explained there.
    Perfect Thanks.

How do you get it to save the username and password my tablet keeps kicking me out and i have to enter all that info manually

Regular Vistor
    Joining the ranks this week. Just ordered my tablet!

Like to see how others have this monitor installed.
    Last edited by linko; 09-17-2017 at 11:49. Reason: error

Regular Vistor
    Quite a challenge to get dolphin loaded.

Once I had dolphin the rest went smooth.

Next to figure out where it will be mounted

Regular Vistor
    i just have mine mounted on the side of my cabinet with heavy duty velcro

I've been running the Fire with Dolphin for awhile and after awhile it has started to annoy me. I have developer options enabled as well as various settings configured inside Dolphin but it still boots me back to the home screen after awhile. I often have to reopen the browser and relog back into Fusion. This becomes frustrating when I want to very quickly turn off a piece of equipment or start a feed mode.

Last night I spent a few hours digging around Dolphin and alternative browsers. None seemed to keep the page open and information current. Then I discovered Kiosk Apps. These are designed for this very specific purpose of keeping a webpage open all the time, in full screen, with locked buttons and features so it stays on the Fusion webpage.

The one I ended up going with was "Fully Kiosk Browser Lockdown". There are others that would probably work better but many of them required a monthly subscription or were very pricey to unlock the best features. This app is free if you just want the browser to be full screen and on 24/7.

I however spent $6 to unlock the "pro" features without a watermark. You can run the pro features to at least see if they are worth it to you with a watermark. The ones I really like are the ability to turn the display off when I know Im never going to be looking at it, and motion activation. The display is essentially asleep in a screen saver mode all the time, but as soon as I walk in front of the tablet or wave my hand the Fusion Dashboard immediately turns on allowing me to quickly access the features I need. After it detects no movement for a minute (amount of time is configurable by you) it goes back to screen saver mode (black, or another website entirely)

There are lots of other Kiosk type features to completely lock the tablet down so it can't be used for anything else if thats important to you.

http://www.ozerov.de/fully-kiosk-browser/ Open this page on your Fire Tablet and click and hold the APK download link. You want to make sure you are downloading the APK itself and not the zip the browser wants to download for you. Once its downloaded open the App and insert www.apexfusion.com as your starting URL. Swipe from left to right on the left part of the screen to access all of your options.

I am in no way affiliated with this App or website but it has worked great for me and just wanted to share.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast