Thread: APEX 2016 and 1link ports

New User

APEX 2016 and 1link ports

Trying to figure out which id/name in the apex.local goes with which 1link port so I can connect my WAV

APEX 2016 and 1link ports

1Link ports do not have names; 1Link ports are not Outputs/Outlets - they simply combine 24vdc power and Aquabus communications over 1 cable to the connected module (WAV or DOS). It does not matter in any way which of the three 1Link ports you use.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Classic User
    What is the current draw limitation on these 1Link ports? ...individually and combined?

And cable length limitations?

New User
    Thank you, yes I added two WAV and they both showed up automatically as WAV types, but it leaves the 1link there to. Guessing I should just delete that from my screen to remove confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamcgaugh View Post
    Thank you, yes I added two WAV and they both showed up automatically as WAV types, but it leaves the 1link there to. Guessing I should just delete that from my screen to remove confusion.
    There are no tiles for the 3 1Link ports (the 4-pin jacks where you connected the WAVs. What you see are for LinkA and LinkB which correspond to the two 2-pin jacks for 24v accessory devices. You cannot delete those tiles, but you can just hide them.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    There are no tiles for the 3 1Link ports (the 4-pin jacks where you connected the WAVs. What you see are for LinkA and LinkB which correspond to the two 2-pin jacks for 24v accessory devices. You cannot delete those tiles, but you can just hide them.
    So I plug a Pmup,pump into 1 of those 24dc ports and nothing happens? I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman27 View Post
    So I plug a Pmup,pump into 1 of those 24dc ports and nothing happens? I'm confused
    Did you program it? The outlet defaults to off.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    I guess I just dcan't not know how to program it. If there were a slider switch I could try but I see know slider for linka or linkB. Also, the A and B indicator lights are not illuminated on the eb832 (buti guess they only would be if they are "on"

Regular Vistor
    Here is a list of my outputs. The only 24volt ports listed is the one on my fmm for my ATK. IMG_0254.jpg

Frequent Contributor
    Have you tried to update the EB832 module to see if you get the 24V outputs recognized again.
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Have you tried to update the EB832 module to see if you get the 24V outputs recognized again.
    That was it! It said the firmware was up to date, but I updated it anyway and the linkA and LinkB switches showed up. Thank you