Thread: Eb832 Red "!"

Frequent Visitor

Eb832 Red "!"

Just got my new Apex today and was excited to set it up. I got it all connected and programmed my outlets on the eb832. There is a red (!) in the viewer. I have searched everywhere and can't find any documentation on this. I plugged in some plugs and nothing powers on. Any way to know what this means?

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 8.33.35 PM.png

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Any chance you overloaded it? I assume it was working and powered on before you tried turning everything on. Maybe a short in one of your pieces of equipment? Just a guess, as I am waiting for mine.

You could email neptune support while you wait for a better reply but I'm sure RussM or one of the other gurus will chime in here shortly.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    I don't think I could of overloaded it.. I programmed it first and then went to plug in my first ReefBrite XHO, and it didnt come on. I got the red (!) from the beginning...

Frequent Visitor
    Also on a side question, the eb832 displays it 10 outlets under devices. example "2_1", "2_9". This is how you decider which plug is which correct? I am assuming top row is 1-4, bottom is 5-8, and 9-10?

Frequent Contributor
    Chad is correct that the red (!) is an indication of an overload and as it showing up next to the Volts it would indicate that the outlet that the EB832 voltage was to high, not saying that this is what happened to your EB832 as it should also show a value within the circles letting you know the high incoming voltage.

I would check on the back of the upper left corner is a reset button, see if that might fix this issue.

If not you could try a few other things before contacting support like

Have you tried to unplug the EB832 to see if it clears itself?
    Update the EB832 Firmware either using APEX Fusion or APEX Local clicking the expand icon and then the module icon. Then select the EB832 and in the drop down menu choose the update firmware.
    Jon

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Jon is here to save the day! Holy moly I guessed right. I've gotta tell the wife I was finally right on something. LOL
    Chad

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by awhedbee View Post
    Also on a side question, the eb832 displays it 10 outlets under devices. example "2_1", "2_9". This is how you decider which plug is which correct? I am assuming top row is 1-4, bottom is 5-8, and 9-10?
    Outputs 9 & 10 are the ACC or DC outputs that are located by the AquaBus ports.
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    You guys are AWESOME!! Both of you! Thank you both.

So I didnt think I could overload because nothing had ever been plugged into it. I couldnt find out how to update firmware to save my life. Updated firmware and its gone and running.

And thanks for answering the other question.

Both of you have a great evening and tanks again.

Frequent Contributor
    Glad that worked for you. Have a great evening also.
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you for this posting.

My new unit right out of box was having exact same issue. The firmware update is pretty unclear from fusion for a newbie here.

Seems mine shipped with same bad firmware yours did too. Apparently not tested before shipped ?

After firmware update it is working now

New User
    I had a power surge earlier today and have this exact problem. I have updated the firmware and press the reset button. Still no results. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by 798pride View Post
    I had a power surge earlier today and have this exact problem. I have updated the firmware and press the reset button. Still no results. Please help
    The surge very well could have damaged the energy bar or at least the voltmeter built in. Contact support since there is a fair to high change it needs repair. In the future, never run any electronics without an adequate surge protector.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Happened to me too. Neptune remotely logged onto my system and tried to solve the problem but they couldn't. Ended up having to ship the defective eb832 back to them. Make sure the circuit breaker didn't trip. Only about 1.5-2mm of the yellow should stick out of the housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk