Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing Network Connectivity

Frequent Visitor

Losing Network Connectivity

How Often should I lose Connectivity to my APEX?

The Local (Apex Dashboard) connection?

and through Fusion?

I am connected both Wired and Wireless. Should I lose connectivity every hour or so?

Frequent Visitor
    Looks like the only way to regain connectivity is to reset the APEX Unit.

Frequent Visitor
    fusion connectivity with the new apex is very sketchy,,, will have connectivity after apex brain reset,,, and then it's gone a few minutes later
    Local Apex connectivity is better but not great. (I have tried both wireless and wired)
    Also losing connecting to MP's and 1 of my radions,,, reconfigured the WXM to channell 2,, seems better now... ????

My old apex was much better,,,, growing pains for the new apex..

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future OS Update... Quickly.

In the mean time, I assume it still runs the tank properly, and handles everything like normal, just no access from the outside.

Frequent Visitor
    I hope so, I have a 10 day trip coming up.

Frequent Visitor
    yikes,,
    buy a APC pdu so you can remotely reboot your APEX !!!

or even better,,, configure port forwarding through your router so you can access the APEX on your local network (not through fusion).

Frequent Visitor
    It wouldn't matter, I lose local connectivity as well.

I will have to look into the APC pdu.

Frequent Visitor
    No livestock in the tank (New Build). I just want to keep everything running while I am gone. I don't want my Sump Return Chamber to go dry, so I am going to test it over the next several days. As long as it works, I am OK with not being able to remote monitor 100% of the time.

Frequent Visitor
    Gotta tell you, most of the issues ive been reading over this forum have happened to me as well. Im starting to get worried with this 2016 model to say the least. So far my unit has come out of the box with a bad brain which im waiting for replacement, and lost connectivity also which had made me press the incoveniently tiny reset button. I might keep it wired to prevent this problem, which makes the whole "wi fi" purpose useless. No other device in the house loses connectivity, ever. Im hoping Neptune fixes these issues with updates. I have been planning on using auto top offs, and making many areas of the tank controlled by the apex, but the way things have been going in so little time, im starting to look At this new controller at a different angle

Frequent Visitor
    as.. I tear down the new apex,, and install my old apex classic....

Quote Originally Posted by Reefcowboy View Post
    Gotta tell you, most of the issues ive been reading over this forum have happened to me as well. Im starting to get worried with this 2016 model to say the least. So far my unit has come out of the box with a bad brain which im waiting for replacement, and lost connectivity also which had made me press the incoveniently tiny reset button. I might keep it wired to prevent this problem, which makes the whole "wi fi" purpose useless. No other device in the house loses connectivity, ever. Im hoping Neptune fixes these issues with updates. I have been planning on using auto top offs, and making many areas of the tank controlled by the apex, but the way things have been going in so little time, im starting to look At this new controller at a different angle

Frequent Visitor
    Are you returning the new one?
    I just read another thread here with someone like myself having to replace the new brain unit within 36 hrs of use...scary

Regular Vistor
    I've got no issues with connectivity other than my own network issues the night i set it up.

Frequent Visitor
    Woke up to this this am... wondering if I should get the wireless adapter that I had hooked to my APEX JR, it was never disconnected working on the same router, 3' away from it.
    I'm blaming the defective brain for now, once I get the replacement one I'll have to make a decision on the connection.

Frequent Visitor
    This is really starting to make me uneasy. I am switching out my classic this weekend, I already sold it, and installing the new one, but now I am having second thoughts. Leaving on vacation next week for 2 weeks, worried I am going to come back to dead 265 gallon tank. Thinking I might return the new one.

Frequent Visitor
    To Neptune's defense, they are working on some bugs and should have a new firmware update coming down soon (heard from the source). As expected to new controllers it's going to take a little time to correct them.

You should keep the old one until you return and then install the new one. I also heard most common bugs are being currently worked on so hopefully very soon it will be all straightened out.

Frequent Visitor
    Spoke with Tech support yesterday at 6:00 pm Easten, and they fixed my issue. Been connected ever since with no issues.

New User
    At this point I'm just trying to find the reset. It is not marked in the guide. I'm told it exists and how to use it, but where the heck is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Servillius View Post
    At this point I'm just trying to find the reset. It is not marked in the guide. I'm told it exists and how to use it, but where the heck is it?
    It is in the Get Started guide. First page.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Not sure how I kept missing it. Must be early. Sadly that ends up being bad news because pushing it makes no difference. Its just sitting there blinking with no connectivity no matter what I try.

Losing Network Connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by Servillius View Post
    Not sure how I kept missing it. Must be early. Sadly that ends up being bad news because pushing it makes no difference. Its just sitting there blinking with no connectivity no matter what I try.
    What keeps blinking? What exactly is the issue?

When using these forums, you need to be clear and detailed in order for anyone to be of assistance.

It's also best to start a new thread with your specific question or issue. Jumping in and hijacking another person's thread with something that may be a different issue just makes it harder and confusing to keep things straight.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    So I had the classic apex and sold it for this one. The old apex did not have the issue of losing connection. The new one is losing it twice a day. The log says it lost connection 10 times???? In order to reconnect i have to disconnect the Brain. I really hope there is a way to fix this. i bought this for the new features which may have been a mistake��. The system is on a UPS for a battery backup. I also just bought the auxiliary power supply to set it up prior to hurricane season.

Please Reply if you have any ideas.

John

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sppf121 View Post
    So I had the classic apex and sold it for this one. The old apex did not have the issue of losing connection. The new one is losing it twice a day. The log says it lost connection 10 times???? In order to reconnect i have to disconnect the Brain. I really hope there is a way to fix this. i bought this for the new features which may have been a mistake��. The system is on a UPS for a battery backup. I also just bought the auxiliary power supply to set it up prior to hurricane season.

Please Reply if you have any ideas.

John
    Are you connected via ethernet or wifi?
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    I have a tested ethernet connection. Also set up the wifi that is supposed to take over if the Ethernet fails....

John

Frequent Visitor
    So i woke up to it being disconnected again. I just don't understand why this is happening. I never lost connection once with the old system....I have very strong dependable Internet. I also have a wired connection. Both the. Modem and router are on battery back ups in the event of a loss of power. The apex is also on a dedicated battery back up. There is really no reason for this.... Has to be an apex issue.

Getting frustrated.

John

Frequent Visitor
    So during the set up the instructions recommend setting up the wifi as a back up. I was advise to disable the wifi to see if that helps. I will let you know how that works.

In the event that internet goes down can I connect directly to the apex with my iphone locally?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast