Thread: base_alarm is missing

Frequent Visitor

base_alarm is missing

Just getting things set up after a crash and reinstall. Almost there ... except I cannot find my base_alarm "device" to program alarm settings. Its possible I renamed it something else by mistake. How can I find it??

Look in the Outputs page in Fusion.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1467429151.880119.jpg

This is for an Apex Classic - if you have a Lite or Jr, it will be at a lower ID #
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Found it. Thank You Russ!

Russ,

Can you not have the base_Alarm and base_Warn on the main Fusion page any longer? I travel for work a lot and it makes it convenient to have the ability to turn the warning and alarm sounds off if I am not home. My wife tries to jump to action to fix things (skimmer cup full due to float position), but without it on the the main page it makes it a bit more difficult. Was there a reason this change was recently made?

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by deazwe View Post
    Can you not have the base_Alarm and base_Warn on the main Fusion page any longer?
    The two audible alarm tiles will be placed in the unused tile area if no display module (required to use them) is connected. If there's a display connected, the two tiles should remain on the dashboard.

If yours got hidden, bring them back out - they should stay.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The two audible alarm tiles will be placed in the unused tile area if no display module (required to use them) is connected. If there's a display connected, the two tiles should remain on the dashboard.
    With apologies, I need to correct myself... the first line I wrote above was not entirely right.

If no display module is connected to an Apex system, the two audible alarm/warning tiles serve no useful purpose, so they simply will no longer appear on the APEX Fusion dashboard or in the unused tile area. If at some point a display module is added, those two tiles will appear as new tiles in the unused tiles area, and may then be brought out to the Dashboard if desired.

The first time you accessed APEX Fusion after the recent Fusion update, those tiles probably appeared as new tiles in the unused tiles area... after you drag them out to the dashboard, they will stay there, as I said in the second line above.

Ok, so how do I add a display module for alarm and warning? Having it so that I can have on the dashboard meant that I could turn off the alarms if I am in China and the alarm was going off in St. Louis.

Doug

Ok, so how do I add a display module for alarm and warning? Having it so that I can have on the dashboard meant that I could turn off the alarms if I am in China and the alarm was going off in St. Louis.

Doug
    Since you already have a display module connected (or so it seems), you need not do anything but drag them back to the dashboard if they ended up in the unused tiles area.

Well, this is a bit odd as the alarm and warning tiles are not in the unused tiles area. Any ideas?

Doug

Well, this is a bit odd as the alarm and warning tiles are not in the unused tiles area. Any ideas?
    Contact tech support so they can take a look.

Thank for the help Russ.

Doug

I just submitted a ticket and will let you guys know what support found in case someone else has the same problem.

Ok, I found out what happened. For whatever reason, I had to update the firmware. Once I completed this task, the tiles magically reappeared. Keep in mind, if you don't have the latest firmware, update it first and then resort to contacting tech support.

Later,
    Doug

Frequent Visitor
    Guys, updated the firmware and now my audible alarms are gone. They are located in the outlets but I can't seem to get them to my dashboard. I want the audible alarm for my ATO. I have the Apex 2016. I don't have a display module as mentioned above. Is the necessary for a the apex 2016? these alarms existed on my dashboard prior to the firmware update. I just didn't need them so I never messed with them. Now I'd like to use them and can't activate them or get them to my dashboard. Suggestions?.

That's a bit different than what I experienced. At the risk of stealing RussM's thunder, I would put in a tech support ticket on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RussC View Post
    I don't have a display module
    This is why you do not see the SndWrn and SndAlrm tiles - they cannot be used if you do not have a display module. It is the display module that produces the alert tones. If you wish to hear audible alert tones from the Apex system, then you'll need to add an optional display module.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    This is why you do not see the SndWrn and SndAlrm tiles - they cannot be used if you do not have a display module. It is the display module that produces the alert tones. If you wish to hear audible alert tones from the Apex system, then you'll need to add an optional display module.
    Just to chime in. I know the tablets are the craze and pretty etc, but I truly would not ever own an Apex without the display module. I find it easier to read from a distance with critical info and simpler to engage feed modes etc by one push of the down arrow.

I don't use the alarms since most of us carry a phone now and I wouldn't hear the tone from my bedroom anyway or at work, but the other info and interface capabilities with the simple original display module are great. Yes I know they don't come with new unit and it costs more money etc...BTW about two weeks ago I was rerouting wires and cut the tiny wire to the disp. module. After some really bad words I got online and ordered the updated one. I was then told by Neptune Support they repair those for about a 1/3 of what I spent. Lesson learned, but just my two cents.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    I truly would not ever own an Apex without the display module.
    I bought one at the same time that I bought the Apex 2016 basic setup. Even without considering the audible alarms, I knew I'd want one. Have it attached to the side of the tank stand, and glance at it whenever I walk by to give myself the false assurance that all is well.

By the way, I was just in your fair city Chad, you can probably guess why. Stopped by one shop while we were in town - Premium Aquatics, something like that? Looked like a really nice shop, well maintained with some top notch critters. I might have even considered buying some livestock and risking the 4-5 hour trip home, except they were closed the day we left.

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    I bought one at the same time that I bought the Apex 2016 basic setup. Even without considering the audible alarms, I knew I'd want one. Have it attached to the side of the tank stand, and glance at it whenever I walk by to give myself the false assurance that all is well.

By the way, I was just in your fair city Chad, you can probably guess why. Stopped by one shop while we were in town - Premium Aquatics, something like that? Looked like a really nice shop, well maintained with some top notch critters. I might have even considered buying some livestock and risking the 4-5 hour trip home, except they were closed the day we left.
    Down here, I can't actually think of why TBH. I was out of town most the weekend. Yeah it's Premium Aquarium and Garrett and I are good friends. In fact I met Paul from NS there a few months ago when he was on his way up your way.

Small world.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Down here, I can't actually think of why TBH.
    We were in town for a couple of days before August 21, the day we left. Many of the small businesses in town were closed that day, apparently.

Oh, my birthday! It's on Aug 22nd and I felt quite special having all those people come to town for that. There was also a group that came as for a few seconds that you couldn't see the sun. I work inside anyway so it didn't phase me. Thanks man.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Makes sense about the display module. Thanks for the feedback.